Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

So I've heard!
I've also heard this.
Yeah. I've never read a comic in my life, not really that much of a fan but I went because I heard it was good and wowee. It nails pretty much everything, the animation is great, action is great, it's hilarious, emotional, brilliant story. Just brilliant. Might have replaced Mission as my #1 film of 2018. Need to watch again.

Friend I went to watch it with said it's her new favourite animated film and I might agree. It's like the incredibles but just better.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah. I've never read a comic in my life, not really that much of a fan but I went because I heard it was good and wowee. It nails pretty much everything, the animation is great, action is great, it's hilarious, emotional, brilliant story. Just brilliant. Might have replaced Mission as my #1 film of 2018. Need to watch again.

Friend I went to watch it with said it's her new favourite animated film and I might agree. It's like the incredibles but just better.
Best spidey movie ever?

the-pi-guy

Better than the Incredibles?  

Xevross

Dec 14, 2018, 11:46 PM Last Edit: Dec 14, 2018, 11:54 PM by Xevross
Best spidey movie ever?
Yes.
Better than the Incredibles?  
Yes.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of the Raimi films.

I am a big fan of the incredibles though.

Xevross

I need to watch it again to be sure but I think this is the best Marvel movie. The Dark Knight is the only superhero film I'd say is better, and even then I think this might take the crown if I still love it as much after a re-watch. Movie is just almost flawless.

the-pi-guy

I need to watch it again to be sure but I think this is the best Marvel movie. The Dark Knight is the only superhero film I'd say is better, and even then I think this might take the crown if I still love it as much after a re-watch. Movie is just almost flawless.
Dang son.

Legend

What are the origins of this film? It felt odd that people were treating it as a big movie 12 months ago but time proved them right.

That's some pretty glowing praise xev!

Legend

Looks cool

Xevross

Looks cool
Indeed, looks good!

Haven't talked Box office for a while, but here goes!:

Aquaman is doing really well, especially in China. Its going to beat BvS to be the top grossing DCEU film, and has a good shot at $1B WW. If it manages that it'll make it 5 $1B+ grossers this year, matching 2015's record of 5 in one year.

Mary Poppins is disappointing but Christmas legs are helping it make a respectable amount of money. Bumblebee is doing pretty badly. Spidey is doing fairly well and will make a decent profit but deserves so much more.

darkknightkryta

I was looking for this thread to say I saw Into the Spiderverse a few days ago.  So good!  Love what they did with Gwen, I had to go finish reading her books.  Mile's stuff might be too long to read, I have to see how many issues of Ultimate he was Spider-man for.  But his story was good.  I didn't like Peter's voice actor though.  Not so much his acting, cause he was spot on, but he had such a baritone voice, it threw me off.

Xevross

Jan 06, 2019, 07:18 PM Last Edit: Jan 06, 2019, 07:21 PM by Xevross
Bohemian Rhapsody is still making lots of money, Japan loves it! Looks like it's going to finish around $800M. Crazy how well it's done.

Aquaman is now the top grossing DCEU film, will past $1B next weekend. Should beat the dark Knight films for DC's #1 ever, and Warner's 2nd highest ever behind the last Harry potter.

Spidey, Bee and Poppins are all doing fine. They should all make money, but have been slight disappointments. China does love Bumblebee though, so it might make it to $500M WW, which would be good considering its lower budget.

Solo has been knocked out of the 2018 worldwide top 20 by Ralph.

Dr. Pezus

Bohemian Rhapsody is still making lots of money, Japan loves it! Looks like it's going to finish around $800M. Crazy how well it's done.

Aquaman is now the top grossing DCEU film, will past $1B next weekend. Should beat the dark Knight films for DC's #1 ever, and Warner's 2nd highest ever behind the last Harry potter.

Spidey, Bee and Poppins are all doing fine. They should all make money, but have been slight disappointments. China does love Bumblebee though, so it might make it to $500M WW, which would be good considering its lower budget.

Solo has been knocked out of the 2018 worldwide top 20 by Ralph.
Aquaman is crazy. The vibrant colors and fun nature of it definitely helps

Xevross

Aquaman is crazy. The vibrant colors and fun nature of it definitely helps
Yeah it does look great. Benji was saying it's a star wars film in disguise and I kind of agree, it's very star warsy, and audiences love it.

Legend

BananaKing

Yeah it does look great. Benji was saying it's a star wars film in disguise and I kind of agree, it's very star warsy, and audiences love it.
huh? how is it starwarsy?

Go Up