Sony FY2018 Q2 Results - PS4 3.9M, 86.1M LTD, FY Forecast up 0.5M

Started by Xevross, Oct 30, 2018, 08:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

PS4 forecast for the year up .5M

As you can see, Playstation was by far their biggest profit maker this quarter, its extending its lead over Sony's other departments.

Xevross

Sony is really rolling in profits now, with PS4 not having had a price cut in ages yet still selling at almost peak. Insane. Spider-Man will have helped profits this Q big time as well.

People are also noting the statement of increased revenue forecast due to reductions for promotional costs, related to strong momentum. Basically, we're doing so fudgy good we don't even need to cut prices much this holiday season. So I expect PS4 sales to be fairly down YOY, but profits from those sales will be up for Sony. That being said, they only expect to be 1.1M down YOY for the next two quarters, so still expect a brilliant 8M next Q.

So I'm going to predict they'll only drop to $249 on BF this year, but they'll put in one of their own games with it, ether GoW or Spidey. Hopefully Spidey So overall value is actually better than the $199 last year.

Xevross

PS4 just prints money, what an insane performance. I actually forgot XB1 was the same price, I thought it was cheaper.

Legend

I think inflation plays a part but it is odd how the systems still cost so much. I wonder if this will increase their legs or if they will nevee get super cheap. I remember last gen talking about how a PS3 at then $249 was still so expensive compared to ps2.

Kerotan

Amazing numbers. PS plus subs up. They'll jump nicely after next quarter.

the-pi-guy

I think inflation plays a part but it is odd how the systems still cost so much. I wonder if this will increase their legs or if they will nevee get super cheap. I remember last gen talking about how a PS3 at then $249 was still so expensive compared to ps2.
The 6th gen was awesome.  It was cool to be able to buy a $99 system.  You could find GameCube, or PS2's at that price.  

Might be harder to drop the price this gen.  
Or they might be less willing because of how well the systems are selling.  

Dr. Pezus

Sony always increasing their forecast!

the-pi-guy

Sony's stock is down a bit this month.  But this year overall, is the best they've had in a long time.  
Probably their best year since 2008.

kitler53

i'm still amazed that ps4 isn't showing a noticeable drop YoY in shipments.  with talk of ps5 growing one would think ps4 would at least be on the downward swing.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

i'm still amazed that ps4 isn't showing a noticeable drop YoY in shipments.  with talk of ps5 growing one would think ps4 would at least be on the downward swing.
Not with those spider webs it won't!

BananaKing

i'm still amazed that ps4 isn't showing a noticeable drop YoY in shipments.  with talk of ps5 growing one would think ps4 would at least be on the downward swing.
It seems that their downward swing this year is just rather very small. The software releasing this year certainly helps as well. Next year will be interesting to see and see how much the drop will be.

Legend

It seems that their downward swing this year is just rather very small. The software releasing this year certainly helps as well. Next year will be interesting to see and see how much the drop will be.
Next year might have huge games too. Days Gone, Dreams, and at least one more first party game should release in 2019.

Kerotan

Oct 30, 2018, 06:22 PM Last Edit: Oct 30, 2018, 06:26 PM by Kerotan
And it shows why they would be crazy to release the ps5 next year. They'll probably only do it in 2020 because they fear MS would get the jump on them otherwise. But it would be cool if both Sony and MS agreed not to release next gen until holiday 2021.

Ps4 ahead of ps2 launch aligned. Anyone else think they can beat them 100m sold?

It will also fly past the Wii before summer next year. Maybe sooner. No stopping this train.

Anybody know if they gave out total psn revenue this quarter?

Xevross

And it shows why they would be crazy to release the ps5 next year. They'll probably only do it in 2020 because they fear MS would get the jump on them otherwise. But it would be cool if both Sony and MS agreed not to release next gen until holiday 2021.

Ps4 ahead of ps2 launch aligned. Anyone else think they can beat them 100m sold?

It will also fly past the Wii before summer next year. Maybe sooner. No stopping this train.
No way MS would agree to that, XB1 is really far behind and they want to start next gen as soon as they can get away with.

Its going to take ps4 probably 4 more quarters to pass 100m, so I guess its going to roughly match PS2.

BananaKing