PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/26/rumor-sony-bend-canceled-a-game-in-late-2012-before-moving-to-their-current-ps4-project/

This sounds to me like Sony pulling the plug on the last vestiges of Western first-party Vita-focused support was happening sooner than some of us thought. Bend Studio and Guerrilla Cambridge were the last studios Sony had outside of Japan Studio making Vita games. It doesn't say that Bend's cancelled game in 2012 was a Vita title but considering the direction Sony had aimed them in prior, I would bet money it was. I'm going to guess Sony realized rather early on that a better bet was to focus on PS4 development. The good news, I suppose, is that a cancellation in 2012 means that, depending on when in 2012 it happened, Bend's game could be as far along as two years.

Mind you, this is just a rumor from Tidux, though.

yeah i dont believe what ever that person has to say. i think they moved on from UC: GA to a PS4 game right away. and GC were hiring for people making a PS4 AAA console game right after KZ:M released. they had lay offs and apparently that PSV party game was cancelled, but that just seemed like a smaller second team was making it.