The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

the-pi-guy

I saw this on chertz.  It was a link to a tweet, but the twitter account has since been deleted. 

Reddit posted this: 

I spoke to a Sony rep recently (Who is NOT an official spokesman for Sony) that stated that he had heard rumors they were hoping to price the HMD at $299, which won't include the camera or PlayStation move controllers. But that they would probably have a separate starter kit where you could get the camera and move controllers and a game for around $129. For $428 + tax for the complete PSVR + camera + move controllers, would be a bargain!
(RUMOR) Rep mentioned Sony would probably sell a base PSVR HMD for $299 without camera or move controllers. But will have a separate PSVR kit with Camera + Move controllers for around $129. : playstationvr

It's not the best source, but to me it seems unlikely to be talking about the other rumor.  I just think it seems pretty unlikely, because I don't think the other rumor was really so widespread.  There's a ton of rumors, but it wasn't easy to find the above, and it's interesting that this one goes in line with it. 

It might mean absolutely nothing (and probably does), but I find it interesting nonetheless.