VR Is Such A Major Step Forward for Games It's Almost Unfair, Sony Says

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 26, 2014, 01:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Virtual reality technology like the PlayStation 4 headset Project Morpheus is such a radical step forward beyond the way traditional games work that it's "almost unfair," according to PlayStation worldwide studios president Shuhei Yoshida.

"We have something here that we've never experienced before," Yoshida said when asked by The Verge what he thinks the future of VR looks like. "Working on game development, we always try to create a new kind of experience, and having VR technology is almost unfair."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/vr-is-such-a-major-step-forward-for-games-its-almo/1100-6421914/

Legend

Agreed.

I don't know if vr is the future of gaming, but it sure is the future.

Riderz1337

I'd like to try a VR headset one day. It seems like a difficult thing to sell to consumers if they haven't tried it, but with all the hype/praise it's been getting from people whom have used it I can certainly say I'm excited for the future of VR.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Legend

I'd like to try a VR headset one day. It seems like a difficult thing to sell to consumers if they haven't tried it, but with all the hype/praise it's been getting from people whom have used it I can certainly say I'm excited for the future of VR.

VR needs to be experienced, that's true, but people understand that fact.

Public demonstrations at malls and the like will be super effective imo. Wii 2.0

ethomaz

I want P.T. VR version.

Legend

I want P.T. VR version.

Do you want to die?!?!?

ethomaz

Do you want to die?!?!?

I want to go close to that :D

I want to fear how is to move inside these walls and have to open myself the bathroom door.

Xevross

They should put up demos in game stores for Morpheus, that'll really help sales

BananaKing

They should put up demos in game stores for Morpheus, that'll really help sales

yeah have like 2-3 VR headsets in each store so people can try them out. imagine the impulse buys that would do.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It's.always great reading responses to VR. You have a group of people hating on it because their company of choice isn't doing it. Then you have a group that don't understand what it actually is, they try to compare it to virtual boy or 3D. Then you have the small group of people that have tried it and praise it like the move from 2d to 3D gaming, they try to explain it to the other groups but fail, because you can't fix stupid. I think it's going.to be a gigantic step forward. It's the next evolution in gaming and entertainment.

darkknightkryta

Conan put it best.

Xevross

yeah have like 2-3 VR headsets in each store so people can try them out. imagine the impulse buys that would do.

It would encourage a lot I'm sure