Battle of the Backlog

Started by Legend, Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Done with Stephen's Sausage Roll. It's not very good.

The puzzles are very well designed so I understand why it got a lot of praise but it just isn't fun to play. Maybe there is some twist coming up so I'll just watch a playthrough to double check but it's just not a great concept imo.

The puzzles are super restrictive with essentially only one way to solve them. That's fine but the method of solving them essentially boils down to blindly exploring a building. You start with 3 doors in front of you, pick one randomly/intuitly, and then progress to the next room to pick the next door. Eventually you will hit a dead end and backtrack.

The only puzzle in the game is noticing/discovering all of the available doors. Half the time the realisation that there is a door/action you missed is good feeling like an aha moment, while the other half of the time it's just an annoying thing that you didn't see coming.

I gave up on the game after 3 hours since the puzzles started getting more and more complex yet weren't expanding on this fundamental structure.

In my opinion it is not a good game unless you have plenty of free time and nothing else to do.

darkknightkryta

I loved it. Amazing soundtrack and the multiple playthroughs worked better than I expected.
Yeah.  I played about half of the first game.  I loved it.  But I also triggered an even that locked a lot of side quests so I traded it in.  I didn't have the 300 hours to grind in that game to get the c and d endings anyways.  I'm in the second playthrough now.  It's on the back burner.  But so's everything.

Legend

Finished with Absolver. Was kinda fun but I wasn't feeling enough of a drive to continue.

Dr. Pezus

Just bought Superhot VR on sale to add to my massive backlog. I'm gonna play it soon though

the-pi-guy

Dec 30, 2019, 09:21 PM Last Edit: Dec 30, 2019, 09:23 PM by the-pi-guy
Just bought Superhot VR on sale to add to my massive backlog. I'm gonna play it soon though
Do you have PSVR?  

I don't think I'd play it on psvr.  

Oculus tracking is just so much better.  

Dr. Pezus

Do you have PSVR?  

I don't think I'd play it on psvr.  

Oculus tracking is just so much better.  
I do indeed. Well astrobot is pretty dang great so I hope Superhot is too (I guess you can use either move or the controller?)

the-pi-guy

I do indeed. Well astrobot is pretty dang great so I hope Superhot is too (I guess you can use either move or the controller?)
Superhot is a different kind of game compared to Astrobot.  

Dr. Pezus

Superhot is a different kind of game compared to Astrobot.  
Lulz I know

Legend

Playing what remains of edith finch.

I'm actually beating my backlog!

kitler53

Playing what remains of edith finch.

I'm actually beating my backlog!
same.  

TLoU is done.  moving onto the uncharted 4 dlc.  

up next is either gravity rush 2, spiderman, valkaria chronicles 4, or tomb raider 2 and 3.    

lots more games in my backlog but if i finish these i'll be satisfied with my ps4 collection play through completions. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

I'm doing a level a week in Nightshade/Kunoichi.  Though I will probably get to the last boss and give up like I did with Shinobi.  I started up FFXV again.  But on PC.  I'm about 3/4th through Breath of Fire 2.  It's a grind.  Finished RE3 Remake, I've been playing through the OG for comparison.  But I'm using cheats just to play through it.  That's about all.

Legend

What remains of Edith Finch is amazing.

I went in not expecting much but it's one of the best games I have ever played. Very original and a proper followup to Unfinished Swan, which was one of my favorite PS3 games.

Legend

Started Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Really cool so far.

It's making me excited for Valhalla. RPG elements in AC fit really well. Will probably switch to easy to avoid grinding.

Legend

Finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Liked it a lot more than Origins but it also had some pretty big flaws. Solid 7-8/10 I'd say.

Was really cool seeing ancient Greece from all the stories. Unlike Origins however it didn't feel like traveling to the past. All the locations felt like game locations instead of real historically accurate places.

Combat had some jank which sucked. I died so many times from mechanics being inconsistent, mainly platforming. Very annoying getting "stuck" on a wall because the game couldn't just let you drop down. Kicking people off buildings was great.

Dialogue was horrible at times. I liked the story overall but towards the end it really really fell apart. None of the endings made sense and characters changed emotions on a dime.

darkknightkryta

My friends found Dauntless.  It's all I've been playing.  So my backlog is not getting finished.  I was trying to finish FF15 since I can't pick up my copy of the FF7 remake.

Go Up