The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

darkknightkryta

How was it compared to other years? Did you enjoy it as much?

No, I hit a time dilation.  I didn't get to do what I wanted.  Got a sick Morrigan figure you might like.

BasilZero

No, I hit a time dilation.  I didn't get to do what I wanted.  Got a sick Morrigan figure you might like.

Oh snap, take a pic of it!

darkknightkryta

I just finished watching an episode of Fate/Stay Unlimited Works... why didn't anyone warn me about the feels?  I'm in tears right now.

BasilZero

I just finished watching an episode of Fate/Stay Unlimited Works... why didn't anyone warn me about the feels?  I'm in tears right now.

Have you seen the movie version of Unlimited Works or Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero series?

Unlimited Works series is the only one I havent seen but the rest I have and yes it is full of feels.

Also its worth noting that the "Lancers" in the entire series all get iced in one way or another - wont spoil it to you - lets just say they get iced over lol.

Aura7541

Is anyone watching Oregairu (aka. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)? I'm in Season 2 and I really like it.

darkknightkryta

Have you seen the movie version of Unlimited Works or Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero series?

Unlimited Works series is the only one I havent seen but the rest I have and yes it is full of feels.

Also its worth noting that the "Lancers" in the entire series all get iced in one way or another - wont spoil it to you - lets just say they get iced over lol.

fudge Lancer, Rider gets rekt in every version.

BasilZero

May 26, 2015, 02:49 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:53 PM by BasilZero

fudge Lancer, Rider gets rekt in every version.

You cant be serious LOL.

Getting rekt is better than getting screwed over by your own master.

Sure Rider gets the worst end on almost all the seasons but at least the representative for rider didnt die from betrayal, etc lol.

Specifically on Fate/Zero - I feel sorry for the lancer on that season - to do something from that horrible master's order to end his life in a horrible way too :(

darkknightkryta

You cant be serious LOL.

Getting rekt is better than getting screwed over by your own master.

Sure Rider gets the worst end on almost all the seasons but at least the representative for rider didnt die from betrayal, etc lol.

Specifically on Fate/Zero - I feel sorry for the lancer on that season - to do something from that horrible master's order to end his life in a horrible way too :(

Yeah, but I mean, she dies, pretty badly in ever story.  I don't think there's a scenario where she lives.

darkknightkryta

So I think I decided on my current roster of anime:

Dragon Ball
Dururara
Guarren Lagan
Full Metal Alchemist
Dragon Ball Z
Slayers

Probably finish up Ouran High School Host and Is the Order a Rabbit since I have only a few episodes left to watch.

Dr. Pezus

Gurren Lagann was amazing

darkknightkryta

So I keep hearing.  Funny story.  So Bandai used to release a lot of anime here, Japanese style with 4 episodes per disc for like 40 bucks. Those never sold.  Overstock went to the dollar stores.  Last year at Anime North, people were looking for the DVD sets.  They mentioned they found some at the dollar stores.  The whole set on Bluray is 500 dollars now...

Aura7541

Have you seen Kill La Kill yet? If not, then I recommend it since both that and Gurren Lagann were directed & written by the same people.

Dr. Pezus

Have you seen Kill La Kill yet? If not, then I recommend it since both that and Gurren Lagann were directed & written by the same people.
Not yet! I have it on my watchlist but I haven't watched any anime in a while :O. Been lapping up a lot of TV drama shows though lol

darkknightkryta

Not yet! I have it on my watchlist but I haven't watched any anime in a while :O. Been lapping up a lot of TV drama shows though lol

Get on that.  I'm passing my Anime North blues to you and the only cure is more Anime.

Dr. Pezus

Get on that.  I'm passing my Anime North blues to you and the only cure is more Anime.
Maybe. But I'm playing games as well!!

Go Up