Started by Legend, May 09, 2014, 09:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

May 09, 2014, 09:01 AM Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:05 PM by Legend

Announcing VizionEck, Coming to PS4

05/09/2014

VizionEck is not your typical FPS.

Apart from looking completely different, it plays completely different. I invite you to analyze the video above and figure out some of the core game elements. There are a lot hidden in there. Keep reading if you're ready to have a few reveled and explained.

You control an S. O. S. cube functioning as a Ranger.

Even though you lack legs and moving parts, jumping isn't a problem. But do you want to jump? A common trend in the FPS genre is increasing verticality in matches. Nothing wrong with that, but VizionEck does it different. Instead of players wanting to go up and up, in VizionEck players want to go down. The lowest relative Ranger has the tactical advantage.

This is mostly because of the Ranger's "charge block."

The charge block is the Ranger's only form of defense. It acts as a shield, helping to protect the player from enemy blasts. Its position on top of the Ranger is the main reason why a lower position is better. If a blast comes from directly above while a block is charged, then the block receives all the damage. If the blast comes from below, then the Ranger receives the damage.

Check out the PlayStation blog for other hidden elements in the trailer. Follow @VizionEck in order to get even more details about the game, both today and in the future. If you're needing a third place to keep up with the game, you can find VizionEck on Facebook. Click "Reply on Forum" below to go to the VizionEck Forum and share your thoughts about this announcement post.

-Michael Armbrust

nnodley

This looks so awesome! Congrats.  Can't wait to here more.

Xevross

In a time where a lot of games are complained about being copies and too similar to each other, I think you've created something really cool and original here. Looks really cool!

mustacheman

As others have said this looks really good! Keep up the good work and cant wait to see more

Raven

Dr. Pezus

Nice. Too bad it didn't really show any gameplay though ;(. People are already raging about it in the youtube comments.

Legend

Nice. Too bad it didn't really show any gameplay though ;(. People are already raging about it in the youtube comments.

All in due time.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Very nice. Im looking forward to seeing more gameplay. But I have a feeling theres no Fishtacos easter egg. And tgat make me sad :(

Legend

Very nice. Im looking forward to seeing more gameplay. But I have a feeling theres no Fishtacos easter egg. And tgat make me sad :(

Well there isn't one in the trailer, but yeah there's one in the game.

Dr. Pezus

Well there isn't one in the trailer, but yeah there's one in the game.

Probably hidden in a formula somewhere

Legend

Probably hidden in a formula somewhere

I was thinking of just putting a fish taco on a table...

DD_Bwest

whats the player count?

it is online MP right? lol

7H3

^24 at least shown in vid... congrats by the way @Legend game looks really unique and should be fun to play!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Riderz1337

24 player online? dang that's way more than I was expecting, sweet.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I was thinking of just putting a fish taco on a table...

Yes!

But all jokeing aside how does it feel now that the world knows about your game? Kinda like reaching a mild stone isnt it?

Go Up