What are your thoughts on upcoming VizionEck games?

Started by Legend, Jun 21, 2019, 11:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Been a while since we had one of these threads and today is slow.

VizionEck Cube Royale - a multiplayer fighting game where robotic cubes battle to the death. Huge focus on movement and energy.

VizionEck Adventure - an alien craft has entered Earth's orbit. With no external signs of activity, you are the first sent in to investigate.

4D game - step foot into a breathtaking 4D world and explore its wonders. Embark on a quest to slay 12 legendary beasts, if you dare.

Procedural rpg - kings, dragons, sea monsters, and 300,000 more inhabit these lands. Play online or alone and forge your legacy however you see fit.

the-pi-guy

Been a while since we had one of these threads and today is slow.

VizionEck Cube Royale - a multiplayer fighting game where robotic cubes battle to the death. Huge focus on movement and energy.
Not my type of game. 
Excited to see it develop, but not exactly at the top of my wishlist. 

VizionEck Adventure - an alien craft has entered Earth's orbit. With no external signs of activity, you are the first sent in to investigate.
I'm very excited to see what this becomes. 
Easily my most hyped vizioneck game.

4D game - step foot into a breathtaking 4D world and explore its wonders. Embark on a quest to slay 12 legendary beasts, if you dare.
Interested to see what it becomes.  Mostly from a design perspective.  Until I really see what it looks like and feels like, I can't say for sure if I'll love it.  But I'm very interested. 

Procedural rpg - kings, dragons, sea monsters, and 300,000 more inhabit these lands. Play online or alone and forge your legacy however you see fit.

Ironically not too far off from a type of game I've wanted to make, but not sure if it'll be something I'd play.  More than likely I would play it, but it's not a game I'm excited to see completed. 

Not sure what else I can say. 

Legend

Not my type of game.  
Excited to see it develop, but not exactly at the top of my wishlist.  
It's not really my type of game either haha. It's been a very weird journey discovering what the game is since I haven't had anything to draw inspiration from. You have no idea how tempted I was for a couple days to turn it into an MMO!

The moment to moment gameplay is very refined at this stage and I love how it feels, but I still have some unsolved questions about the total package. It's the perfect example of an experimental game.

I'm very excited to see what this becomes.  
Easily my most hyped vizioneck game.
I'm just so darn excited for people to finally see some of the super nerdy stuff. This is a hard sci fi game and man have I spent way too much time on that side of things.

It's also funny just how many times I have rebooted it. I'm on VizionEck Adventure #4 or #5 at this point. It certainly didn't start out as my dream game, but it's there now. I'm really glad I had the business sense to start simultaneously working on smaller games because I want to give this one all the time it needs.

Interested to see what it becomes.  Mostly from a design perspective.  Until I really see what it looks like and feels like, I can't say for sure if I'll love it.  But I'm very interested.  
Yeah I'm really really really hoping all the visual elements can come together. It's actually kinda easy for me at this point to imagine 4D scenes and know how everything will be presented on screen, but there are so many artistic choices that can make or break the final image. I also need to make sure the gameplay stays fun from start to finish, which is a super big challenge. We'll have to see.

Ironically not too far off from a type of game I've wanted to make, but not sure if it'll be something I'd play.  More than likely I would play it, but it's not a game I'm excited to see completed.  
Open development with this game is weird. As things start to transition from tech demos to game demos over the next two months, I wonder how your opinion will sway. The last 10% of work will really determine what type of game this is.

Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Dr. Pezus

Just looking forward to some more info!

Legend

the-pi-guy

nnodley

Jun 24, 2019, 05:54 PM Last Edit: Jun 24, 2019, 05:58 PM by nnodley
Vizioneck adventure sounds like my kinda game.  Sounds interesting.  The other don't really sound like anything that i would be interested in.

It's also funny just how many times I have rebooted it. I'm on VizionEck Adventure #4 or #5 at this point. It certainly didn't start out as my dream game, but it's there now. I'm really glad I had the business sense to start simultaneously working on smaller games because I want to give this one all the time it needs.
This is kinda where i'm headed as well.  Let my game have all the time it needs and deserves while putting out smaller games.  I've rebooted my game at least 3 times.  I'm already rebooting this new level i'm working on.  Same sort of layout, but just refining and figuring out ever more of what i want it to look like.

Hopefully this smaller games give you enough income to not ever have to do a full time 9-5.  Me getting mine has totally ruined most all motivation i have to work on these games.  But trying to keep at them.

Legend

Just a random stat I dug up while helping a dev on reddit.

Twisty Puzzle Simulator's Game Design Document was 6 pages. VizionEck's GDD was 70 pages. That was before Cube Royale was split off and the third gate was cancelled, but it was also before VizionEck Adventure had all its feature creep. I shudder imagining how long Adventure's GDD would be now, although one of these days I'll need to make one.

Currently I'm making an updated GDD for the rpg. Now that most of the exploratory phase of pre-development is done, I need to wrangle everything into a defined product so I can ship in weeks and not years.

Vizioneck adventure sounds like my kinda game.  Sounds interesting.  The other don't really sound like anything that i would be interested in.
It seems to be everyone's favorite. I'll just have to put it exclusively in bundles with the others muahahaha!

This is kinda where i'm headed as well.  Let my game have all the time it needs and deserves while putting out smaller games.  I've rebooted my game at least 3 times.  I'm already rebooting this new level i'm working on.  Same sort of layout, but just refining and figuring out ever more of what i want it to look like.

Hopefully this smaller games give you enough income to not ever have to do a full time 9-5.  Me getting mine has totally ruined most all motivation i have to work on these games.  But trying to keep at them.
It's the newbie curse. By the time you finish any chunk of development, your skills have improved so much that you need to restart. The last reboot with Adventure was at least just a marketing one and the game is 90% the same. I originally wanted players to go in blind without knowing anything since hey, it's a mystery, but now the first ~5 hours are fair game for marketing and the experience isn't harmed by knowing the basics. "Explore an alien ship in VR" will sell a lot more copies than "it's interesting but I can't tell you why."

Smaller games seem to be working financially but I'd like work to be a bit more social  :P

nnodley

Smaller games seem to be working financially but I'd like work to be a bit more social  :P
Trust me it's really not all that more social, tbh.  I talk to maybe 1 or 2 people, but most of the time everyone is just heads down, head phones in, and working.  Kind of annoying.  i don't like it.