The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

May 14, 2015, 11:05 AM Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:07 AM by BasilZero

I reiterate my point. How is it bulls hit when you gave me a list with about that number of Sony games per system. Vita has more than 5 Sony games in its own right. Sonys support shouldn't be the excuse in your case imo, but I can see the lack of general support being a point

I gave you a list of what I have at this time. Not what I have for each system - you say I only buy few first party games per system which isnt true.

That  doesnt mean that is all I'm going to have. There's more PS2 and PS3 games that I still want to get and will get. Unlike you who never go back to other systems and only play newer systems, I play all game systems however old they are and whatever order I want to play them.

The overall lack of support from the major companies is the reason why I'm not getting a Vita. Sony not supporting the system is the final nail in the coffin for my decision. They havent released anything huge in the past year. No Gran Turismo, No Uncharted, No God of War (I dont include a port of God of War collection since I have it already on PS2 AND PS3), etc.

I dont want overrated indie games that I already have on Steam.
I dont want full price vita ports of PS3 games that I can already get half of the price on PS3/PC.

P.S. Stop acting like a VGChartz Nintendo Defender. The discussion I had with Kryta had nothing to do with how many first party titles I get on a system , you just brought that out of the blue and that is battleship.

Dr. Pezus

It was not out of the blue. It was a response to your justifying of not getting the Vita. Vita has a lot of games already out and on the way in the genres you play the most, you just don't seem to know about them.

Here are over 350 games coming out for Vita in 2015: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969122&highlight=upcoming+games
In this list there are a LOT of Japanese games not coming to other consoles, and the same can be said for games that are already out. It's annoying when people say Vita has no gaemz, because it does. Most of them are just low-profile but many are still very good. Sony is supporting the system by getting 3rd party support in the way of Japanese games, indies and ports. Can anyone blame them for not making Vita exclusives when almost all of their games on Vita were commercial flops and all of their PS4 games were hits? I can't. I can see that there are already plenty of Sony games out on Vita though and a lot more non-Sony games (some are even high profile like RE, Persona)

Also, you seem angry. I am not attacking you, I'm just arguing against your points.

BasilZero

May 15, 2015, 01:24 AM Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:47 AM by BasilZero

It was not out of the blue. It was a response to your justifying of not getting the Vita.

My reasons are justified quite well for not getting the Vita at this point in time compared to what I had experienced with the PSP - a system with a decent amount of first party support and great third party support. At the price point it is on now there's no reason for me to get a Vita especially over a PS4.

Vita has a lot of games already out and on the way in the genres you play the most, you just don't seem to know about them.

Yeah it has a lot of games but not a lot of games that pique my interest in forking out $150+ dollars.

Also just because I like a particular genre- doesnt mean I like every single game in that genre. There's a reason why I dont like Xenoblade, why I never tried out Suikoden, etc. Just because its my favorite genre - doesnt warrant a purchase. I'm pretty sure the same can be said for people who like FPS games or racing games, they dont buy every single one out there.

And yes I do know what Vita has, I check gaming news out almost everyday (mainly during my break from work) on sites like GAF and Siliconera. Actual news - not gaming sales.

It's annoying when people say Vita has no gaemz, because it does.

Yeah I agree its annoying, you know whats even more annoying? People who assume that I have that very same mind set - not once did I say "Vita haz no gamez" infact I even told you some games that I am interested in getting earlier, wat is logic. Dont push other people's battleship down my throats or use it as my own words because they are not my words.

Most of them are just low-profile but many are still very good.

And thats the reason why I dont want to buy them, low-profile also can mean low tier. I'm not gonna buy some niche otaku games that appeal to the otaku fanbase. If you are into that kind of stuff, good for you - I'm not.

Sony is supporting the system by getting 3rd party support in the way of Japanese games, indies and ports.

Thats nice and all except, if you dont bring out games of your own - people are gonna lose even more faith in your system. I'll get a Vita but definitely not at the current MSRP and absolutely not before the PS4 which has the superior first party AND third party support.

Can anyone blame them for not making Vita exclusives when almost all of their games on Vita were commercial flops and all of their PS4 games were hits?

That blame should be given to their developers themselves - and it should not be an excuse for dropping first party support to what it is now.

Also, you seem angry. I am not attacking you, I'm just arguing against your points.

I'm angry because you are calling me out for not getting a Vita and saying that I wouldnt of bought it even with Sony support (from your original post that is how it meant). Which is completely untrue and if anything would of been a much more powerful drive for me to get a Vita - but due to the lack of first party support - my priorities of getting a Vita are lower than they were a year ago or so.

I dont say that you dont buy a 3DS because so and so - I couldnt care less if I wanted to if you wanted a 3DS or not. I'm not sure why you have your jammies rustled cause I said I am putting the Vita on a low priority list.

Here are over 350 games coming out for Vita in 2015: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969122&highlight=upcoming+games
In this list there are a LOT of Japanese games not coming to other consoles, and the same can be said for games that are already out.

Lets see whats on this list.....I'll give you a list of games that I am interested in and of the ones that I have already or plan to get on other platforms. Along with what priority I have them on between High, Medium and Low).

Games that are already owned/wishlisted on other platforms
A Virus Named Tom (Already have it on Steam - low priority)
Assassin's Creed III Liberation (Already on Steam)
Badlands (Already have it on iOS and wishlisted Premium edition for Steam)
Bastion (Already own it on Steam)
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend (Wishlisted for PS4 or Steam if it comes to it - medium priority)
Borderlands 2 (Already own on Steam)
Broken Age (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Broken Sword 5: Serpent's Curse (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Chaos Rings Trilogy (Wishlisted for iOS - low priority)
Child of Light (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Class of Heroes 3 (Getting it for PSP - low priority)
Croixleur Sigma (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Dead or Alive 5 (Wishlisted on Steam - Medium priority)
Don't Starve - Giant Edition (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Dragon's Crown (Wishlisted for PS3)
Dragon Quest Heroes II (Wishlisted for PS4 - low priority)
Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition  (Wishlisted for Steam - low priority)
Fez (Already own on Steam)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Already own on PS3)
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
God of War Collection (Already own PS2 and PS3 versions)
Guacamelee (Already own on Steam)
Higurashi When They Cry (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 1 (Wishlisted on Steam - waiting for others to come out on Steam cause you know its gonna happen - low priority as in bargain bin o-matic priority)
J-Stars Victory VS + (Wishlisted on PS4 - low priority)
Jak and Daxter Collection (Wishlisted for PS3 - medium priority)
LIMBO (Already own on Steam)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Wishlisted for PS3 - going for Metal Gear Legacy Collection - high priority)
Metal Slug 3 (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Mighty No. 9 (Wishlisted on Steam)
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Papers, Plaese (Already own it on Steam)
Pier Solar & the Great Architect (Wishlisted on Steam - medium priority)
Playstation All Stars (Wishlisted for PS3 - low priority)
Ratchet and Clank Collection (Wishlisted for PS3 - high priority)
Rayman Legends (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Rayman Origins (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority due to the fact that I still need to get RER1 on Steam)
Resogun (Wishlisted for PS4 - low priority)
Risk of Rain (Already own it on Steam)
Rogue Legacy (Wishlisted on Steam)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Gonna get it on Steam when it releases - low priority due to the fact that I want to get the other games on Steam in the series)
Shovel Knight (Wishlisted on Steam - medium priority)
Skullgirls (already own it on Steam)
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (Wishlisted for PS3)
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Already own on Steam)
Starbound (already own it on Steam)
Street Fighter X Tekken (Wishlisted on Steam but might get it on PS3 instead due to GFWL)
Summon Night 5 (Getting it for PSP - low priority)
Tales from Borderlands (Wishlisted on Steam)
Tearaway Unfolded (Wishlisted on PS4 - PS4 edition is the same as vita version but with extended story and better framerate/visuals)
Terraria (Already own it on Steam)
The Banner Saga (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth  (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority due to the fact that I have the original)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority due to the fact I still need to get the first one)
The Sly Collection (Wishlisted for PS3 - medium priority)
The Swapper (Already own on Steam)
The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Wishlisted on Steam - medium priority)
The Wolf Among Us (Wishlisted on Steam)
Titan Souls (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority)
Two Brothers (Already own on Steam)
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Already own it on PS3)
WORLD END ECONOMiCA (Wishlisted on Steam - low priority cause its a Visual Novel)
Ys Untitled (Wishlisted for PS4 and potentital PC release)
Zodiac (Wishlisted on iOS - low priority)

Games that I want on the Vita that are already out or exclusive on Vita or WILL be coming out on Vita
Disgaea 3 (Medium Priority)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Medium Priority)
Final Fantasy Agito (Medium Priority due to the fact I want to get Type-0 HD on PS4 first)
Gravity Rush (Medium Priority)
LittleBigPlanet Vita (Low Priority due to the fact I still need to play the PSP version and the PS3 ver)
Muramasa Rebirth (Low priority due to having the Wii version)
Persona 4 Golden (Medium Priority due to the fact that I have the PS2 version but this will be the first Vita game I will get when and if I get a Vita)
Rise of Mana (Medium Priority)
SaGa 2015 (Low priority)
Tales of Hearts R (Medium Priority)
WipeOut 2048 (Medium Priority)
Uncharted Golden Abyss (Medium Priority - due to the fact I still need to play 1,2 and get 3)
Ys Memories of Celceta (Medium Priority - due to the fact I still need to play 1, 2, and 3 on Steam)

BasilZero

May 15, 2015, 01:29 AM Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:43 AM by BasilZero
Now lets see what PS4 titles I'm interested in.

Bloodborne (Medium Priority)
Final Fantasy XV (Very High Priority)
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Very High Priority)
Guilty Gear Xrd (Low Priority)
InFamous Second Son (Medium Priority)
Kingdom Hearts III (Very High Priority)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (Low Priority due to previous post reasons)
The Last Of Us Remastered (High Priority)
Persona 5 (High Priority)
Star Ocean 5 (Medium priority due to needing to play part 4 first)
Tekken 7 (High Priority)
Uncharted 4 (Medium Priority)

But of course you cant compare a Console to a handheld...so lets compare PSP games I own/played/beaten/completed/etc on the list....

Brave Story New Traveler
Breath of Fire III
Darkstalkers Chronicle Chaos Tower
Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness
Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 Duodecim
Final Fantasy I Anniversary
Final Fantasy II Anniversary
Final Fantas IV Complete Collection
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions
God of War Chains of Olympus
God of War Ghost of Sparta
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
Gran Turismo
Guilty Gear Judgment
Jeanne D' Arc
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
LittleBigPlanet PSP
LocoRoco
LocoRoco 2
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered Up
Persona 1 Portable
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Persona 3 Portable
Ridge Racer 2
Riviera The Promised Land
Star Ocean The First Departure
Star Ocean The Second Evolution
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together
Tales of Eternia
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6
The Warriors
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Wipeout Pure
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2010
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2011
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys VII

^ These arent "PSN" titles - these are actual PSP titles. Now compare this list to the Vita list of games I want...and you'll understand why the Vita as a purchase is a low priority for me.

BasilZero

BananaKing

http://i.imgur.com/8qMggRb.png

this is just a stupid question. barely any of games are released, in fact titanfall 2 isnt announced yet!

the-pi-guy

this is just a stupid question. none of these games are released and we barely seen any of them, in fact titanfall 2 isnt announced yet!

We know its coming though. 

BananaKing

We know its coming though. 

might as well put in GTA 9 in the survey as well.

the-pi-guy

might as well put in GTA 9 in the survey as well.

Too far away.
GTA VI makes more sense. 

BasilZero

this is just a stupid question. barely any of games are released, in fact titanfall 2 isnt announced yet!

I know right, that question is best fit for when you actually played the game XDDD.'

I think they worded it wrong and should of said of which games announced lol - but then again Titanfall 2 XD.

darkknightkryta

I know right, that question is best fit for when you actually played the game XDDD.'

I think they worded it wrong and should of said of which games announced lol - but then again Titanfall 2 XD.

The hell don't you wanna buy Yakuza 5?

BasilZero

The hell don't you wanna buy Yakuza 5?

Never played the series and never heard of it until like 2 years ago on GAF or VGChartz.

darkknightkryta

Never played the series and never heard of it until like 2 years ago on GAF or VGChartz.

What are you waiting for Basil?  They rip off their shirts when they fight.  3 layers of clothing.  Gone!  All because words can no longer work.

Dr. Pezus

BasilZero

What are you waiting for Basil?  They rip off their shirts when they fight.  3 layers of clothing.  Gone!  All because words can no longer work.

Isnt there an HD version of the first three?

Go Up