The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Feb 01, 2017, 07:57 PM Last Edit: Feb 01, 2017, 08:04 PM by Raven
That or most people simply aren't as pedantic when it comes to their terminology and just stick to the word that they've come to know to stand for the movement of gender equality. Just like many atheists probably have a mindset that's actually closer to agnosticism but still call themselves atheists.
It's not pedantic to point out that this particular brand of feminism that has grown off of what feminism was breaks with the ideals. That at this point it might just be better to run with "egalitarian" than "feminist" because of the increasingly negative connotation thanks to those taking feminism in directions it was never meant for. It helps that egalitarianism covers a wider range than what feminism does.

when i come on these forums i see a bunch of boys that don't even want to try and empathize with how our society treats women differently than men on the negative consequences that it can have on them.  you've all latched on the the worst examples you can find and use it to dismiss everything feminism.

my daughter is only 6 months old and the ways people treat her are already staggeringly different than my son.  the criticisms based on her looks that my son never received.  the toys people gift that are always pink.  

i see in my work the most productive member of my team was a women and she also make the least money.  the least productive is a man and he makes the most.  the women (foolishly) believes in merit based pay and the man is loud, obnoxious, but most importantly demanding.   ...and because he is demanding he has demanded his way to higher pay while the women waited for recognition that never came.

worst yet, she was sexually assaulted at work by one of my coworkers who was "just being funny".  i watched at our local leadership and remote HR do everything in their power to not let it become an "incident".  i watched her try and work uncomfortably by avoiding direct contact with the guy who touched her.  i watched her quit over the incident.  i now i'm watching the guy who assaulted her reap i the benefits of her departure as takes over her important responsibilities while delegating out the ones he didn't want.

things are still very much a man's world.  
First of all, leave your little insults at the door. I believe you've already been warned. To the point, no one here lacks empathy to the struggles of women. I have a sister, a mother, and plenty of female friends. I understand quite well the struggles as I'm sure virtually everyone here does. What I refuse to empathize with is the brand of feminism that seeks to subvert everything around it to create one giant safe space.