The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

VizionEck is going to blow your mind.

I'm doing so many awesome things with it. I don't think any game before has had a true conlang, and that's only the tip of the iceberg. It's not just about making a hard puzzle game, but making puzzles that feel worthy of your time and investigation.

Man can I not wait to release the game and freely discuss things. It may be niche but this stuff is cool! The research I've done for this game has taught me so freaking much. IE did you know that dice originated from knuckle bones?

I know lots of these concepts are nich, but it's crazy how VizionEck has evolved into the dream game I never knew I wanted. Back at the start it was just a means to an end. Back when I was becoming an indie dev, I designed 4ish games around a unique game mechanic. Two were AAA quality and 2 were B quality for production costs, so I decided to put them on the back burner and not spend years on my first game (lol). I instead decided to make a quick and free game on PC. This way my studio had a game to our name and I could attract other devs to help with the big project.

VizionEck started out as a "1 month game." I was making super quick progress and even kept a dev blog on the chertz. However I was stupid and kinda felt the game had more potential. I tweeted Shahid at playstation and he helped get me in contact with the US folks to register as an indie dev. Haha it all started through twitter.

On August 21st I regestered VizionEck LLC with the gov so that I could progress with dev sign up. The paperwork took a long time going back and forth so during this I just added feature and feature to the game. I added multiplayer even though I don't care about multiplayer games.

Wasn't until a year ago when I started cutting content that VizionEck started to feel great for me. I've always thought the game would be great, but it lacked soul and passion. Well it had passion, just not for the game mechanics.

I've also stopped caring abouf being unique. If a game does something good, I'll shamelessy copy that. No regrets. Players (and I) just want a great game regardless of how many shoulders it's built on.

For fun I've been using the count to a million thread to jusge my game. I want to have more sales than it, so I need to think about if delays are worth it.

But fudge money. Like seriously. I hope to make a profit so I can keep making games, but this has become my dreM. I'll be happy and proud of the game regardless of sales or reviews. But please buy it.