Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

BasilZero

I never noticed SMB3 was a play - mind blown.

Cute Pikachu

I just had to post this.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

darkknightkryta

How old is Miyamoto?  Cause I think he's finally aged O_O

Cute Pikachu

hes like 65

the-pi-guy

hes like 65

After 20 years old, Asians don't usually age until they turn 60 or so.  

Xbro

In the case of Sakurai, they age backwards.
3 people like this

Cute Pikachu

close enough  8)

Legend

"Large scale revision of the organizational structure of Nintendo" - 9/16/15 - NeoGAF

The company has issued a press release notifying outsiders that alongside naming a new president in Tatsumi Kimishima, the company is undergoing a "large scale revision of the organizational structure" that would take effect on September 16th, 2015.  Previously, at the commencement of 2014, Satoru Iwata began the initial wave of the second major restructuring during his reign, which created the "Business Development Division" and "Development Administration & Support Division". Iwata also officially unified the Integrated Research & Development Division (console designers) with the Research & Engineering Department (hand held designers). Additionally, there was an unofficial unification of the Entertainment Analysis & Development Division and Software Planning & Development Division, who for the first time ever began developing internal games together. Lastly, Iwata continued strengthening the System Development Division, with his protege Shinya Takahashi. With Iwata unable to see the final reorganization through, here is the end result with Kimishima, Takeda, and Miyamoto finalizing the new internal structure.  President Iwata, Restructure, Phase 1, 2013-2015
  • System Development Division est. 2013 (OS development, app development, network development, casual game development)
  • Business Development Division est. 2014 (Development and coordination of QoL Products)
  • Integrated Research & Development Division and Research & Engineering Department merged in 2014. Console and hand held engineers working together for first time.
  • Kyoto Development Center constructed. Houses over 1500 personnel, third Kyoto building.
  • Nintendo Network Service Database Inc. est. Network services.
  • Nintendo European Research & Development est. Technology development.
  • Entertainment Analysis & Development Division and Software Planning & Development Division, separate entities, but sharing staff for several internal projects.
  • Development Administration & Support Division est. 2013. The parent of "General Support Group" which coordinates a network of small developers that provide assistance in specific departments of large scale production groups.  (debugging, programming, art assets, animation, cg movies, etc.)
President Kimishima, Restructure, Phase 2, 2015President Iwata, Restructure, Phase 1 2013-2015
  • Entertainment Analysis & Development Division and Software Planning & Development Division merger under Entertainment Planning & Development Division (?)
  • Miyamoto vacating position as EAD manager, Takeda vacating position as IRD manager, taking bigger roles in the company direction. Also probably preparing for retirement.
  • Business Development Division is very much intact. QoL products are still one of three major directions of company. (dedicated game machines, mobile, QoL)
  • More information to come

Legend

Legend

New Nintendo patent application - Nintendo NX related? - NeoGAF

United States Patent Application 20150261321Filed: 02/19/2015 Published: 09/17/2015 Abstract:
An example operation apparatus includes: a direction input operation section provided on a front surface of a housing of the operation apparatus and at such a position that, in a state where the operation apparatus is held with at least one hand of a user, the direction input operation section is allowed to be operated with a thumb of the hand; and a rotation operation section which is provided on a surface different from the front surface of the housing and at such a position that, in a state where the operation apparatus is held with the hand or the other hand of the user, the rotation operation section is allowed to be operated with an index finger of the hand or the other hand and which is an operation section capable of being rotationally operated.

Don't have time to go deeper right now (at work), but it seems to mention some kind of clickable/rotary L/R shoulder buttons.////

Xbro

Sep 19, 2015, 07:45 AM Last Edit: Sep 19, 2015, 08:03 AM by Xbro

Well I'm convinced.

Congratulations Namco, you just sold me on Project X Zone 2

I just need to stress...

When did I become so hyped?
3 people like this

Cute Pikachu

Star Fox delayed to 2016  :P