PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Welcome to the Sony Interactive Entertainment Development Thread 2.0.  

kitler53

Pixelopus
CDNA
CANA
PDEntwined
Concrete Genie
PANA

Sucker Punch Productions
CDGhost of Tsushima(2020)
CANA
PDInfamous First Light (2014)
Infamous Second Son (2014)
PANA

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Pixelopus
CDNA
CANA
PDEntwined
Concrete Genie
PANA

Sucker Punch Productions
CDGhost of Tsushima(2020)
CANA
PDInfamous First Light (2014)
Infamous Second Son (2014)
PANA

Thanks for catching my goofy errors.

Xevross

Mar 31, 2020, 12:28 PM Last Edit: Mar 31, 2020, 12:31 PM by Xevross
I am probably misremembering. 

I know when the last of us came out, everyone was talking about them having two teams. 

But I thought there was an interview later where they talked about that there aren't exactly two distinct teams.  I am probably misremembering because I can't find the article right now.  I was under the impression that people get moved around a lot and they might have most of the studio working on a game with prototyping on the side or they might have a couple of groups working on games.

Must have missed this conversation at the time. My memory is that they had split into two full teams after U2, with Uncharted 3 and TLOU being made by completely different people. Amy Hennig was in charge of the uncharted team and Bruce and Neil headed TLOU. However with early Uncharted 4 development troubles, the two teams merged back into one with Bruce and Neil taking over U4 development and Amy Hennig left Naught Dog. Then they soft rebooted the game and fired out the final version of U4 in 2-3 years.

They will absolutely have a smaller team working on pre-production for their next titles as most sizeable devs do. I think they still haven't gone back to two separate teams and they're just doing the rolling devs onto the next project thing. As final production ramps up on TLOU2 the people, like artists, who are basically done with it are all working on whatever the next game is right now.

Legend

What is media molecule currently working on? I think you have another typo.

the-pi-guy

Thanks!  

the-pi-guy

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio establishes External Development Department | ResetEra

www.gematsu.com   Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio establishes External Development Department - Gematsu  Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio has established an External Development Department and made various organizational changes to inaugurate the new fiscal year, Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia announced. Get the details below. ■ Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio...   www.gematsu.com www.gematsu.com    
 There are quite a few additional changes to Japan Studio:
Organizational Changes as of April 1, 2020
  • External Development Department established.
  • Product Development Department renamed to Internal Development Department.
  • Studio Operations Department renamed to Finance & Administration Department.
  • Creative Product Services Department renamed to Creative Services Department.
  • Product Technology Department abolished.
  • Business Development Department abolished.
Personnel Changes as of April 1, 2020
  • Kazuo Kato appointed Internal Development Department Head, External Development Department Head, and Creative Services Department Head.
  • Naoaki Aoi appointed to the Finance & Administration Department.
Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
[/size]

SWORDF1SH

Dreams VR support and implementation of multiplayer in Dreams

Legend

Dreams VR support and implementation of multiplayer in Dreams
Would be crazy if dreams supported servers.

Horizon

Probably looking at Japan Studio, Guerrilla and Insomniac to pick up the slack for the PS5 in the first year or so. BluePoint clearly seem to be doing Demon Souls remake and I would hazard a guess Housemarque's new title is PS5 exclusive as well. The rest probably won't be ready for a while.

Legend

Probably looking at Japan Studio, Guerrilla and Insomniac to pick up the slack for the PS5 in the first year or so. BluePoint clearly seem to be doing Demon Souls remake and I would hazard a guess Housemarque's new title is PS5 exclusive as well. The rest probably won't be ready for a while.
Housemarque seems like a great guess. Reading wikipedia they paused all other games in Jan. and are focused on one large game. Might not be PS5 exclusive but sure looks like they could have a big title early 2021.

the-pi-guy

My thoughts exactly.

Sony London could have something, probably a small title that gets forgotten.

Polyphony is kind of a wild card. I could see them taking their sweet time, but at the same time it's not impossible that they could have a GT in the next 2 years.

the-pi-guy

I really like this thread more than most. It's nice to have this glimpse into development in one place.
Allows us to make reasonable guesses about what to expect.

Xevross

My thoughts exactly.

Sony London could have something, probably a small title that gets forgotten.

Polyphony is kind of a wild card. I could see them taking their sweet time, but at the same time it's not impossible that they could have a GT in the next 2 years.
Yeah Polyphony could totally have a title within the first year, wouldn't surprise me at all. GT Sport took them less than 4 years, same again would make it a GT game within the first year of PS5.

Guerrilla, Japan Studio and Bluepoint are guaranteed exclusives in the first year. Insomniac more likely than not, Housemarque could be but who knows since they still got Stormdivers on the way for PC. Sony might have a third party deal akin to Bloodborne but we'll have to see about that. If I was a betting man I'd say:

Launch lineup:

Horizon 2
Bluepoint remake (rumoured Demon Souls)
Japan Studio Knack level game

First year:

Spider-Man 2 (Insomniac)
Gran Turismo 7
London smaller game
MLB The Show 21 (obviously)

Would be a much better first 12-13 months than PS4. If GT doesn't make it then it starts to look a little shakey.

Go Up