So apparently Sony is just straight up shutting games down with no prior announcement? (StarHawk)

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jul 02, 2018, 02:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

So apparently Sony is just straight up shutting games down with no prior announcement? (StarHawk) | ResetEra

Wario64 just discovered this.

The Starhawk servers are apparently shutting down tomorrow according to the Playstation Store. It was first discovered at the end of May but...

So instead of publicly noting that yes, Starhawk's servers are going down tomorrow and actually giving prior notice way before then. Sony just quietly added it on the Store page. pretty much guaranteeing that almost everyone wouldn't know until it's too late.

This is straight up battleship, at least let people know when you're shutting the dang game down instead of just casually letting it die without telling anyone. StarHawk was pretty good from what i played back then too, and i definitely would have came back to it if i knew it was shutting down.  
Gah this will only keep getting worse as games become more and more dependent on the cloud. Will there ever be enough backlash to make the industry stop this?