Canadian Judge to Rape Victim "Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?" - NeoGAF

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 14, 2016, 12:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Canadian Judge to Rape Victim ‘Why couldn’t you just keep your knees together?’ - NeoGAF

A Canadian judge is facing the possibility of removal from the bench after he faulted a 19-year-old woman who said she was raped for not doing enough to defend herself during the alleged attack and suggesting that she wanted to have naughtiness.
 Among Federal Court Justice Robin Camp's remarks during a 2014 sexual assault trial, according to a notice of allegations posted on the Canadian Judicial Council website:
 "Why couldn't you just keep your knees together? Why didn't you just sink your bottom down into the basin so he couldn't penetrate you?"
 Young women, the judge said, "want to have naughtiness, particularly if they're drunk," according to the notice.
 He also said that "some naughtiness and pain sometimes go together" and "that's not necessarily a bad thing."
 In December, the Alberta attorney general filed a formal complaint against Camp and referred the matter to what's called an "inquiry committee," which is made up of three judges and two lawyers.
 The committee will decide whether Camp should be removed from the bench.During the proceeding, Camp's daughter, who said she herself is a rape victim, testified that her father's comments were "disgraceful."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory

Lordfancypants

Yep, I'd say that warrants removal.
Is this where I talk favorably about myself?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sounds like a shifty judge.

kitler53

Sounds like a shifty judge.
sounds like a shaming human.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Aura7541

"Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?"

Because the rapist was physically stronger than the victim? Because the alcohol hindered the victim's ability to resist? Or am I reaching too far...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr. Pezus

He solved the rape issue!

SWORDF1SH

"Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?"

Because the rapist was physically stronger than the victim? Because the alcohol hindered the victim's ability to resist? Or am I reaching too far...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think you need to explain because...  Well it's common sense. What a shaming judge.

If he did think that she gave consent to have naughtiness then there's a right way to go about it.

DD_Bwest

lol this is old news in canada.  i suspect hell get removed lol