E3 2014 Predictions/Hopes

Started by Raven, May 04, 2014, 12:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Lol I would say that's one of the more likely things seeing as its probably almost ready. Depends whether they think it deserves a space.

Haha yeah probably. I do think it will be an awesome E3 for Sony. I think one of the things that hurt them last E3 was that their reveal event had already taken a lot of the surprises. So, when it came time for E3 most of what they would have used to get people excited was already out there. People wanted to see a bunch of new exclusive stuff. Sony kinda blew their load at their reveal event almost the same way Microsoft blew theirs at E3. The difference being that Sony still had enough to reveal at Gamescom and the Sony Japan/Asia conference leading up to TGS as far as third-party Japanese games went. Plus, their announcement of Uncharted 4 at their launch event. Microsoft was pretty much tapped out after June. They announced Fable Legends and Fighter Within at a closed event at Gamescom.

This year, though, Sony has kept their cards close to their chest for the most part. They've been avoiding announcing anything. I'm pretty sure The Last of Us was supposed to be a surprise and I'm even more positive that Project Beast was supposed to stay under wraps. They have no reveal event and no launch event. They're back to the usual conventions. Which means we're gonna see much more packed game reveals than we did last year since they had to be spread out over a whole year.

Xevross

Haha yeah probably. I do think it will be an awesome E3 for Sony. I think one of the things that hurt them last E3 was that their reveal event had already taken a lot of the surprises. So, when it came time for E3 most of what they would have used to get people excited was already out there. People wanted to see a bunch of new exclusive stuff. Sony kinda blew their load at their reveal event almost the same way Microsoft blew theirs at E3. The difference being that Sony still had enough to reveal at Gamescom and the Sony Japan/Asia conference leading up to TGS as far as third-party Japanese games went. Plus, their announcement of Uncharted 4 at their launch event. Microsoft was pretty much tapped out after June. They announced Fable Legends and Fighter Within at a closed event at Gamescom.

This year, though, Sony has kept their cards close to their chest for the most part. They've been avoiding announcing anything. I'm pretty sure The Last of Us was supposed to be a surprise and I'm even more positive that Project Beast was supposed to stay under wraps. They have no reveal event and no launch event. They're back to the usual conventions. Which means we're gonna see much more packed game reveals than we did last year since they had to be spread out over a whole year.

Yeah lets hope so. There is a lot of unannounced games that we know are there, just depends when sony wants to announce them. There's also quite a few games we know about but have seen very little. I think we're gonna see a mix of these at E3 and that they'll save some game announcements for gamescom etc. This is why its hard to see all that happening just at E3, although I think all of it will happen.

Raven

Yeah lets hope so. There is a lot of unannounced games that we know are there, just depends when sony wants to announce them. There's also quite a few games we know about but have seen very little. I think we're gonna see a mix of these at E3 and that they'll save some game announcements for gamescom etc. This is why its hard to see all that happening just at E3, although I think all of it will happen.

Yeah. I don't honestly believe Sony will go THAT far with first-party published reveals since I'm sure they want Gamescom to feel a little bigger compared to last year. The games they showed looked great but they were all smaller, digital-only games and people want to see big budget titles even if they love the smaller ones too.

Xevross

Yeah. I don't honestly believe Sony will go THAT far with first-party published reveals since I'm sure they want Gamescom to feel a little bigger compared to last year. The games they showed looked great but they were all smaller, digital-only games and people want to see big budget titles even if they love the smaller ones too.

True that. 3/4 new first party games revealed at E3 would be perfect for me. Leaving perhaps 1 or 2 for gamescom.

7H3

I really just wish they would announce CO-OP for the Order...
Other than that a new Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, R&C All4one 2
Purposeful move support... (didn't see a single game last gen that I wanted to play with move, but I waited and waited and
waited
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Heavy rain with move was AMAZING!

7H3

Heavy rain with move was AMAZING!

that is true, but I only played the demo... )o: shouldn't have wasted that money on brink...

Legend

The demo was what sold me on it.

HR with move just felt real. It was like I was actually brushing my teeth and what not.

7H3

HR with move just felt real. It was like I was actually brushing my teeth and what not.

what I really wanted was a game I saw on the Wii (forget name) on ps3 with better graphics... it basically looked like RDR with a samurai sword as a melee weapon... or Dynasty Warriors type game with move enabled. FPS with move seems flawed... I don't want to have to turn with the aiming part... I want to aim with it... If something is on the screen I can sure enough kill it quickly and aim more accurately, but if it moves off screen having to move off screen and back again is a pain...

Legend

what I really wanted was a game I saw on the Wii (forget name) on ps3 with better graphics... it basically looked like RDR with a samurai sword as a melee weapon... or Dynasty Warriors type game with move enabled. FPS with move seems flawed... I don't want to have to turn with the aiming part... I want to aim with it... If something is on the screen I can sure enough kill it quickly and aim more accurately, but if it moves off screen having to move off screen and back again is a pain...

Red Steel?

7H3

Yes I think it was that game or its sequel that looked like an amazingly fun play style

u4gReservoirDogs

May 18, 2014, 10:36 AM Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:40 AM by u4gReservoirDogs

So true.
Any sequel to Heavy Rain = first day purchase

Hoping to see: Final Fantasy XV, Agent, Chrash Bandicoot Reboot
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

ClassicGamingWizz

I just want to see new IPs, the GG rpg and project beast :D

I want to see the new mass effect, the new fallout , final fantasy 15 release date , deus ex new game , so many things , this E3 will be a blast !!!

Dr. Pezus

I hate that Project Beast got leaked. Would've been a great surprise

nnodley

THE LAST GUARDIAN!!!  Y'all are haters if you don't BELIEVE!!! :-p

Go Up