Project CARS: “Staged” Screenshots vs Actual Gameplay; Here’s How The Game Really Looks

Started by Raven, May 17, 2014, 06:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/17/project-cars-staged-screenshots-vs-actual-gameplay-heres-how-the-game-really-looks/

So it seems as though Project CARS may have pulled a small fast one. Not entirely bullshots but definitely used careful shots to make it look a little better than it really is. Some examples:

You'll have to go to the site to see the rest since it's mostly a screenshot comparison article, but what do you guys think?

Dr. Pezus

It does look quite good in general but the environments are lacking.

DriveClub looks quite a bit better overall I'd say.

Legend

It looks good, but I've never seen why people think it's the top dog.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It still looks good, but not as impressive as shot when it's running on a titan. lol. I'll just have to wait and see when the game comes out, but if they aftermarket wheel companies don't step up and make their drivers for ps4 then i wont be playing at all. cause i'm not about to drop another 500 on a wheel just for ps4, when the one i have is better than some of the new ones anyway..

MUGEN

Driveclub has this beat in the environment department..big time.

Riderz1337

This is what always surprised me. I always found the trailers to have incredible visuals. Then I would watch actual races and be dissatisfied with the way the game looked. Something just feels off...The tracks these driving games pick are so god dang boring. Why don't racing simulators feature some never before seen tracks as well as the famous tracks that people are accustomed to such as Nurburgring.

This is why I'm excited about DriveClub. That track in Canada they recently showed off was incredible, and the snow one in Norway, of which we've had a small glimpse of, is breathtaking.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

u4gReservoirDogs

It looks good, but I've never seen why people think it's the top dog.

Project Cars is Multi-platform, DriveClub is exclusive to 1 platform.
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Dr. Pezus

This is what always surprised me. I always found the trailers to have incredible visuals. Then I would watch actual races and be dissatisfied with the way the game looked. Something just feels off...The tracks these driving games pick are so god dang boring. Why don't racing simulators feature some never before seen tracks as well as the famous tracks that people are accustomed to such as Nurburgring.

This is why I'm excited about DriveClub. That track in Canada they recently showed off was incredible, and the snow one in Norway, of which we've had a small glimpse of, is breathtaking.

Well, simulators try to be realistic so they have real tracks. The ones in DC are not real (but based on real places of course). I don't know how many real race tracks there are in the world but they could probably find some new ones lol

Legend

Project Cars is Multi-platform, DriveClub is exclusive to 1 platform.

Even ignoring driveclub. I just don't see what's so great about pc.

DD_Bwest

when we got teaser footage a few months back they had part of that track,  and when i saw it back then the first thing that came to my mind was driving along a few highways here in  BC. lol  looks like i was right..  They have done such an amazing incredible job on the terrain.  I really hope they have more from BC,  we have some epic and gorgeous drives.