Direct is Today! New Predictuons? Same?

Started by Cute Pikachu, Sep 13, 2018, 01:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Xevross

I missed the joke. Just saw animal crossing 2019
Made it look like it was a new animal crossing game but it was just Isabella being invited to Smash... but then wait it is a new animal crossing game as well.

Cute Pikachu

2019 looking strong.
Dameon x Machina
Luigi Mansion 3
Animal Crossing Switch
Pokémon Gen 8
Yoshi Crafted World
Fire Emblem Three Houses

Add in Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3 and it's pretty dang good year imo
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Dr. Pezus

Sep 13, 2018, 10:42 PM Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 10:45 PM by Dr. Pezus
Garbage Direct. Now to watch the internet shame itself over how amazing this was once again.

Oh and that Nintendo Online ad was terrible.
Well you have to take into account that they do a few of those per year

Also, the ad seemed aimed at casuals

2019 looking strong.
Dameon x Machina
Luigi Mansion 3
Animal Crossing Switch
Pokémon Gen 8
Yoshi Crafted World
Fire Emblem Three Houses

Looking like peak year to me

Xevross

2019 looking strong.
Dameon x Machina
Luigi Mansion 3
Animal Crossing Switch
Pokémon Gen 8
Yoshi Crafted World
Fire Emblem Three Houses

Yeah very good year of exclusives already.

Era went down for a bit there, guess they couldn't handle the troll.

Legend

Garbage Direct. Now to watch the internet shame itself over how amazing this was once again.

Oh and that Nintendo Online ad was terrible.
Sure most of it sucked, but it had a good game at the opening and was presented well at the end. I liked it.

I wonder how many people are going to pay for Nintendo online. It's not like people buy a Switch for online multiplayer and that ad was not convincing in the slightest.

Dr. Pezus

Sure most of it sucked, but it had a good game at the opening and was presented well at the end. I liked it.

I wonder how many people are going to pay for Nintendo online. It's not like people buy a Switch for online multiplayer and that ad was not convincing in the slightest.
It's still only $20 a year, which helps

DerNebel

Well you have to take into account that they do a few of those per year

Yes and every time they get hyped up to high heaven and every time they end up being this mediocre garbage. The Resetera thread for this Direct has 8.6k replies, for gods sake.

Cute Pikachu

Yes and every time they get hyped up to high heaven and every time they end up being this mediocre garbage. The Resetera thread for this Direct has 8.6k replies, for gods sake.
Ok dude there's nonthing wrong with that. Sony gets the same hype too you know?
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

DerNebel

Ok dude there's nonthing wrong with that. Sony gets the same hype too you know?
Outside of E3 they certainly don't. Just look at their recent TGS show for instance.

Xevross

Outside of E3 they certainly don't. Just look at their recent TGS show for instance.
Clearly not the same thing.

Fans are always going to get hyped, and fans are going to be more positive as well.

DerNebel

Clearly not the same thing.

Fans are always going to get hyped, and fans are going to be more positive as well.
Fans of the other two are able to actually criticize their shows, if they don't live up to their admittedly often also ridiculous expectations. Sony for instance got a ton of shame for their last two E3 showings.

Since the start of the year I bought two games on Switch, Celeste and Octopath Traveler, both are good games, but for the foreseeable future I see nothing on the horizon for Switch that I want to play. So I'm very much annoyed at the constant blowing out of proportion of these Directs by the entire internet, just for them to always end up being 80% old ports (seriously does anybody else remember how much Nintendo fans shimed on the PS4 for being a "port machine" back in 2014?) in addition to some B-Tier Nintendo franchises, as well as some teases of their bigger IP, without actually showing much if anything of them. Outside of Smash, that is essentially what their 2018 lineup of Directs has been up to this point.

Xevross

Fans of the other two are able to actually criticize their shows, if they don't live up to their admittedly often also ridiculous expectations. Sony for instance got a ton of shame for their last two E3 showings.

Since the start of the year I bought two games on Switch, Celeste and Octopath Traveler, both are good games, but for the foreseeable future I see nothing on the horizon for Switch that I want to play. So I'm very much annoyed at the constant blowing out of proportion of these Directs by the entire internet, just for them to always end up being 80% old ports (seriously does anybody else remember how much Nintendo fans shimed on the PS4 for being a "port machine" back in 2014?) in addition to some B-Tier Nintendo franchises, as well as some teases of their bigger IP, without actually showing much if anything of them. Outside of Smash, that is essentially what their 2018 lineup of Directs has been up to this point.
Oh I agree with you but I think fans are always going to hype them up because its the fans who love all that B-tier stuff. They'll also be more satisfied.

For me 2018 will be a very disappointing year for Switch, I also only bought Celeste and Octopath so far and I'm probably only getting Pokemon and Smash later, neither of which I'm too excited about. I think that's another thing which drives up expectations, since this year has been so disappointing people expect that there must be more coming soon.

Go Up