Battle of the Backlog

Started by Legend, Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM Last Edit: Apr 20, 2022, 03:37 PM by Legend
I have way too many games!

I'm going to use this thread to catalogue going through them. Feel free to share stuff related to your backlog too.

My major backlog games are Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts 3, Sekiro, Detroit, and AC Odyssey. What should I play first?

PlayStation:
Sekiro
Kingdom Hearts 3
Detroit
AC Odyssey
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Nioh
Persona 5
Monster Hunter World
What Remains of Edith Finch
Hitman
Titan Souls
Nova 111
Rain
Dead Space 3
Remember Me
Xcom 2
Spec Ops The Line
Absolver
Mad Max
Mighty Number 9
Ratchet and Clank
Bloodborne
Rime
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Just Cause 3
Until Dawn
ABZU
Tearaway Unfolded
LBP3
Zombi
Transistor
Rebel Galaxy
Tropico 5
Dead Star
Game of Thrones Telltale
Tales of the Borderlands
Dragon Age Inquisition
Control
Anthem
The Outer Worlds
Conan Exiles
SOMA
Ether One
Erica
Ghost of Tsushima

PC:
Riven
Stephen's Sausage Roll
Parallax
The Turing Test
The Talos Principle DLC
Undertale
Anno 1800
Kingdom Come Deliverance
A Total War Saga: Troy
Firewatch
Her Story
Inside
Tacoma

Switch:
Mario+Rabbids

Vita:
Murasaki Baby
Dokuro
Machinarium
Freedom Wars
Helldivers

3DS:
Super Mario 3D Land

Wii:
Metroid Other M

Dr. Pezus

Probably Detroit because it's short

nnodley

I mean odyssey is a massive time sink.  I've put over 100 hours into the base game and all the DLC.  So i'd run through some shorter games like Detroit first.

Fantastic game though

Dr. Pezus

I'm currently playing DOOM again, trying to finish the campaign that is. Great game but a bit exhausting due to all the non stop action lol.
Finished 2 levels last night. Went to Hell and back!

Legend

Oh I should play doom too!

Also I decided to include Vita and 3DS games into this mix. I'll integrate it into the game database at some point, but I've updated the OP with my full backlog.

Dr. Pezus

Oh I should play doom too!

Also I decided to include Vita and 3DS games into this mix. I'll integrate it into the game database at some point, but I've updated the OP with my full backlog.
You didn't play until dawn??

Legend

You didn't play until dawn??
I watched a playthrough a long time ago, I think it was Easy Allies. I still want to play the game myself.

Legend

Doing Detroit. Really liking it a lot.

It's cool how it merges video game tropes with androids.

Legend

I am doing great in Detroit with two of the androids, but Conner is just funny haha. I've had a hard time pinning down what his partner wants and now he hates me. The flowchart shows that the majority of people are not making the same dumb mistakes  :P

Legend

Yeah Detroit is really really good!

Legend

Finished Detroit! Solid 9/10!!!

Best of heavy rain and beyond plus some new.

Xevross

Yeah detroit is really great, glad you liked it.

Out of your list I'd say you have to play bloodborne next, its one of the best games of the generation and for sure the best game on your list. If you're still in the mood for that kind of game then also Sekiro. I'm about 10 hours into Sekiro and really liking it but I left it at my Uni flat so haven't been able to play it this summer >:(

I didn't enjoy AC Odyssey and dropped it after like 20 hours, its a friggin' long game so if you're not enjoying it 10-15 hours in just let go of it. The first 5 hours or so are fantastic but then it quickly becomes repetitive and boring with the story becoming less interesting and less a part of the game as the open world just gets way too big for its own good.

the-pi-guy

Yeah detroit is really great, glad you liked it.

Out of your list I'd say you have to play bloodborne next, its one of the best games of the generation and for sure the best game on your list. If you're still in the mood for that kind of game then also Sekiro. I'm about 10 hours into Sekiro and really liking it but I left it at my Uni flat so haven't been able to play it this summer >:(

I didn't enjoy AC Odyssey and dropped it after like 20 hours, its a friggin' long game so if you're not enjoying it 10-15 hours in just let go of it. The first 5 hours or so are fantastic but then it quickly becomes repetitive and boring with the story becoming less interesting and less a part of the game as the open world just gets way too big for its own good.
Why did you forget the game!?  

I'm actually replaying Bloodborne right now.  It's so fricken good.  

Xevross

Why did you forget the game!?  

I'm actually replaying Bloodborne right now.  It's so fricken good.  
I don't know why  :(

I have a big draw full of games and I guess I just forgot about sekiro while I was packing to go home for summer and I didn't see it because I've got too many games in that draw!

Yeah bloodborne is fantastic. I tried to get into it again and play Old Hunters but I was awful and out of practice and didn't have the patience to try and get good again.

the-pi-guy

Yeah bloodborne is fantastic. I tried to get into it again and play Old Hunters but I was awful and out of practice and didn't have the patience to try and get good again.
Noob.   8)

I'm kidding.  

I am a little rusty replaying it this time.  Not much though.

Go Up