Do people want to try making a game together?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 01, 2019, 12:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Jul 16, 2019, 01:01 AM Last Edit: Jul 16, 2019, 01:03 AM by Xevross
Was telling Pi I usually find farming games boring but I guess I can help. Might be good to have an opinion of someone who's more critical of these games when making it. Best part of stardew valley for me was the relationship stuff and general villager stories + the mine. I guess if the regular daily tasks felt more satisfying I might enjoy it more, but my problem is that the days just keep rolling buy with nothing really to differentiate them once you've played for a while.

Wonder if some animal crossing features could work in a more farming focused game. I loved Animal Crossing when I played it on Wii and put quite a bit of time into it.

nnodley

And here I was going to ask Nnodley.  

;D

I'm sure the ones I've tried making probably aren't good.  
haha well I've neglected making a full one for any of my stuff.  Starting to go through creating them now and found a couple free templates, but I haven't gone through them enough yet.  Probably why my game(s) are going slower than I had hoped.  But better late than never to make one I guess.

the-pi-guy

Was telling Pi I usually find farming games boring but I guess I can help.
Even for me personally.  
I really like farming games, but I usually lose out on my interest...

If we could get far enough with the game, I would want to try figuring out how to make it better for longer.  
Wonder if some animal crossing features could work in a more farming focused game. I loved Animal Crossing when I played it on Wii and put quite a bit of time into it.
As I said before.  The thing I really like about the farming idea is it'd be easy to make something, and then there is so much possibility of adding stuff to the experience.

nnodley

Was telling Pi I usually find farming games boring but I guess I can help. Might be good to have an opinion of someone who's more critical of these games when making it. Best part of stardew valley for me was the relationship stuff and general villager stories + the mine. I guess if the regular daily tasks felt more satisfying I might enjoy it more, but my problem is that the days just keep rolling buy with nothing really to differentiate them once you've played for a while.

Yeah i'm sure this type of opinion will come in handy.   I think there's plenty of potential to make a meaningful farming type game.

the-pi-guy

haha well I've neglected making a full one for any of my stuff.  Starting to go through creating them now and found a couple free templates, but I haven't gone through them enough yet.  Probably why my game(s) are going slower than I had hoped.  But better late than never to make one I guess.
Can't say making game docs have helped me any.   ;)

Although I manage to keep a lot of stuff in my head...  

nnodley

Jul 16, 2019, 01:13 AM Last Edit: Jul 16, 2019, 01:18 AM by nnodley
Even for me personally.  
I really like farming games, but I usually lose out on my interest...

If we could get far enough with the game, I would want to try figuring out how to make it better for longer.  
As I said before.  The thing I really like about the farming idea is it'd be easy to make something, and then there is so much possibility of adding stuff to the experience.
Yep, it's easy enough to get as good of a base as we can and then work from there.

Can't say making game docs have helped me any.   ;)

Although I manage to keep a lot of stuff in my head...  
Yeah I have and remember most everything I've came up with in my head.    Plus for my game(s) they are kinda "basic" enough that I don't think it's something totally necessary.  

For this game though it will give us something to look to and try to accomplish.

Legend

I don't care about farming games either lol. I mostly just want experience working on a game with a group though so anything goes. Animal Crossing style could be great. Less "Farming Simulator" the better.

Since Pi had the farming idea, what were you thinking?

the-pi-guy

I don't care about farming games either lol. I mostly just want experience working on a game with a group though so anything goes. Animal Crossing style could be great. Less "Farming Simulator" the better.

Since Pi had the farming idea, what were you thinking?
I haven't actually played Animal Crossing.  :P

I'd still like the farming aspect.  Honestly the Animal Crossing idea doesn't really go against the farming style.   But it seems like it'd more about adding depth to the non-farming aspects I guess.

Have you played Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley? 

There's also Rune Factory that is HM but adds an RPG with monsters.

Legend

I haven't actually played Animal Crossing.  :P

I'd still like the farming aspect.  Honestly the Animal Crossing idea doesn't really go against the farming style.   But it seems like it'd more about adding depth to the non-farming aspects I guess.

Have you played Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley?  

There's also Rune Factory that is HM but adds an RPG with monsters.
I've only played Animal Crossing and Minecraft.

I don't mean that it should play like Animal Crossing, just that it shouldn't have a "John Deere" feel imo.

nnodley

Jul 16, 2019, 02:58 PM Last Edit: Jul 16, 2019, 03:00 PM by nnodley
yeah and for the love of god it can not be anything like farmville or any other facebook farming games. haha

Does someone want to create a thread for the game?  Get the ball rolling at least.  

the-pi-guy

I don't mean that it should play like Animal Crossing, just that it shouldn't have a "John Deere" feel imo.
yeah and for the love of god it can not be anything like farmville or any other facebook farming games. haha
Lol.  
No those games are terrible.  

Go Up