TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I feel like I like Rick and Morty more and more every few months.  

Was thinking of one of the scenes and now I really want to watch it over again.  

I think it's one of those instances where music makes it resonate with me that much more.  
Yep yep. I rewatched it all a month ago and I love it even more. Its definiely in my top 3 favourite TV shows.

the-pi-guy

Yep yep. I rewatched it all a month ago and I love it even more. Its definiely in my top 3 favourite TV shows.
Yeah!
It's grown from being "pretty good" to one of my all-time favorites.  

Legend

Hey sweet Rick and Morty returns soon!

the-pi-guy

Still two months away. :(

A big disappointed since this season only has 10 episodes apparently.  

Xevross

Still two months away. :(

A big disappointed since this season only has 10 episodes apparently.  
Were you expecting more?

the-pi-guy

Were you expecting more?
Somewhat.  
They've been talking about wanting longer seasons.
Season 3 was supposed to be 14 episodes.  

Thought the contract would give them that opportunity.  

Xevross

Somewhat.  
They've been talking about wanting longer seasons.
Season 3 was supposed to be 14 episodes.  

Thought the contract would give them that opportunity.  
Hmm I suppose. I guess if 14 episodes meant there would be a few duds then I'm okay with there only being 10.

the-pi-guy

Legend

I thought South Park was great tonight.

nnodley

i'm pretty psyched about Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover in the Arrowverse!!  

the-pi-guy

Rick and Mort comes in a little over a month!  

Dr. Pezus

Watchmen has one of the biggest audience vs critics discrepancies I've seen, on RT

Anyone seen it? Why would it get slammed like that by normal people?

the-pi-guy

Watchmen has one of the biggest audience vs critics discrepancies I've seen, on RT

Anyone seen it? Why would it get slammed like that by normal people?
Haven't seen it, but looking at the reviews on RT, a lot of "normal" people don't feel like it is actually Watchmen.  
Basically they put their own spin on the story/made their own story in the universe and it upset a lot of people.  

Legend

Xevross

Mandalorian looks great! In other Star Wars related news, D&D pulled out of their trilogy to give more time for their $200M Netflx deal, and thank god for that. They had a behind the scenes panel at the Austin Film Festival talking about their experience of writing GoT, and most of their comments leaked. Here's some gems:

-they didn't know what they were doing in many cases, said GOT was an "expensive film school" for themselves
- didn't know how to work with costume designers, didn't have a writers room
- asked about writing, they said they wanted to keep most of it for themselves despite their inexperience, admitting this was wrong and saying "they didn't know better"
- responded to "you don't have black writers" with "we have a single woman Asian writer we promoted who wrote three eps"
- admitted that the pilot was awful and HBO gave them a pass for it, they didn't understand the characters early on
- asked about if they tried to bring in all the elements of the books they said "No. We didn't. The scope was too big. It was about the scenes we were trying to depict and the show was about power"
- Dan wanted to remove as many fantasy elements as possible because "we didn't just want to appeal to that type of fan." They wanted to expand the fan base to people beyond the fantasy fan base to "mothers, NFL players"
- said they didn't listen to feedback along the way, Dan doesn't see the value of considering other people's reactions.

Great, just great. Can you imagine if experienced TV makers had been chosen to adapt GRRM's material, or if these two hacks had stepped down once they'd got past the books and they were in complete uncharted territory. So sad.

Go Up