Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Riderz1337

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

I hear so much about Pulp Fiction from people in College... I feel like I need to watch it.
Seen spectre the other day.  Missed the first 2 minutes but apart from that an enjoyable send off.  Not as good as skyfall but good enough.  

So who will be the next bond?
Me

Cute Pikachu

Pulp Fiction is like Obama.
It's/he's so cool you can't forget him.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Riderz1337

Hmmm...

Hmmmmmm...

IDK what to feel regarding that Warcraft trailer. The teaser trailer they had made me super hyped but now looking at this is just looks a little weird in certain parts, mainly the CGI.

But nonetheless I love big battle sequences between armies similar to that of LOTR and the Hobbit, so I will keep my eye on this. Plus they have a great director who seems very confident in his movie.

Cautiously optimistic.

Riderz1337

Captain America: Civil War first trailer

Max King of the Wild

Legend

Legend

Xevross

Nov 29, 2015, 05:14 PM Last Edit: Nov 29, 2015, 05:16 PM by Xevross
*Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 Spoilers Lie Ahead!

I went to watch the new Hunger Games yesterday. I must say, I was slightly disappointed. Having not read the books I didn't know what was going to happen and I didn't really like the plot. I think they focussed on the wrong points and they could have made the deaths more meaningful, for example
Spoiler for Hidden:
I feel like I should have been so sad when Prim died but I didn't feel sad in the slightest... and when Finnick did it was as if he was just a random extra

I didn't really like how the film played out really,it was a revolution yet they just sort of worked their way through a city, avoided a few traps had some bombs dropped on them and then Katniss was told that they won, it was way too easy for the rebels. There was a few moments which I guess were supposed to be surprising twists but they were so goddam obvious
Spoiler for Hidden:
(like when she shot coin)
And of course, all along, it was just a love story.

It was better than the bore-fest that was part 1 but nowhere near as good as the original or catching fire. 6/10 for me.

Mmm_fish_tacos

*Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 Spoilers Lie Ahead!

I went to watch the new Hunger Games yesterday. I must say, I was slightly disappointed. Having not read the books I didn't know what was going to happen and I didn't really like the plot. I think they focussed on the wrong points and they could have made the deaths more meaningful, for example
Spoiler for Hidden:
I feel like I should have been so sad when Prim died but I didn't feel sad in the slightest... and when Finnick did it was as if he was just a random extra

I didn't really like how the film played out really,it was a revolution yet they just sort of worked their way through a city, avoided a few traps had some bombs dropped on them and then Katniss was told that they won, it was way too easy for the rebels. There was a few moments which I guess were supposed to be surprising twists but they were so goddam obvious
Spoiler for Hidden:
(like when she shot coin)
And of course, all along, it was just a love story.

It was better than the bore-fest that was part 1 but nowhere near as good as the original or catching fire. 6/10 for me.
The last book was the best one.  If they stayed close to the book it would be alright.  I did wonder how they would handle
Spoiler for Hidden:
prims death, as in the book it's pretty horrific

The money grab is what killed part one, there was no reason to split the last book into two movies and it just made part one long and uneventful.

Xevross

The last book was the best one.  If they stayed close to the book it would be alright.  I did wonder how they would handle
Spoiler for Hidden:
prims death, as in the book it's pretty horrific

The money grab is what killed part one, there was no reason to split the last book into two movies and it just made part one long and uneventful.
Spoiler for Hidden:
It wasn't horrific in the slightest in the movie, in fact it wasn't anything. She just disappeared behind some fire and then the only emotion shown was much later when Katniss chucked mugs and yelled at Prim's cat. I think they did that really poorly.

Agreed, that really needed to be one movie. Both were below average as a result.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Spoiler for Hidden:
It wasn't horrific in the slightest in the movie, in fact it wasn't anything. She just disappeared behind some fire and then the only emotion shown was much later when Katniss chucked mugs and yelled at Prim's cat. I think they did that really poorly.

Agreed, that really needed to be one movie. Both were below average as a result.
I knew they didn't have the ball's to follow the book there.

Spoiler for Hidden:
In the book prim is helping as a nurse tend to the sick and wounded kids . President snow decides to show his mercy by sending in car packages. Hundreds of these care packages floated down from the sky. The kids got excited and started to pick them up. Katniss knew something was wrong and started to run towards prim. Prim notices her and smiles (maybe can&#39;t remember exactly) and all the &quot;care&quot; packages started to blow up. <span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size">Katniss</span><span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size"> watches he sister blow the fudge up. </span><span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size"></span>
[/size]

So they really pussed out on that.

Go Up