PlayStation rumored to be bidding on Remedy

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 03, 2019, 01:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

PushSquare: Sources Indicate Playstation Bidding For Remedy | ResetEra

Best known for Max Payne but more popular in recent years for its work on Xbox exclusives like Quantum Break, Finnish developer Remedy has since broken away from Microsoft, bringing its next project Control to multiple platforms, including the PS4. Curiously, Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida visited the studio recently, while it's been touring various first-party outfits like Naughty Dog. We've also heard from a number of sources that Sony is lining up a bid, although the company's recent reacquisition of the Alan Wake brand casts some doubt on that speculation./QUOTE)

Full article on possible PlayStation acquisitions http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/07/feature_which_studios_could_sony_realistically_acquire  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
[/size]

Legend

Press x to doubt, and all that.

Remedy hasn't even released a ps4 game yet. That would need to be a big check.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

doesn't feel like a good fit to me.  they've haven't created a break-out game in the last 2 generations despite lots of chances and support from MS.  no doubt sony would manage them better but i dunno,..   maybe i just don't think sony needs another studio that specializes in shooters.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Press x to doubt, and all that.

Remedy hasn't even released a ps4 game yet. That would need to be a big check.

There's one about to come out

Legend

There's one about to come out
Yeah so why would this happen now? Unless Sony is the reason Control is multiplat.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah so why would this happen now? Unless Sony is the reason Control is multiplat.
Or maybe they're happy with how the game turned out and are optimistic!

darkknightkryta

The game would have to be crazy good for Sony to buy them.