Kena delayed to 2021

Started by Legend, Sep 11, 2020, 09:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

That sounds like a standard cross gen game...
Yep.

Different article: What Does The PS5 Bring To Kena: Bridge Of Spirits? - Game Informer

The game wasn't originally designed with the PS5's hardware specs in mind, but the additional horsepower has allowed Ember Lab to do more within the boundaries it initially established.
"It's been really nice," says chief creative officer Mike Grier. "We've been on development on PS4 for most of the project, and squeezing it and getting the performance that we wanted out of it was a nightmare. But having done all that, when we went to PS5 it was nice, because we had a good baseline and then we could just add to it and take advantage of the extra juice."
Of course compromises were made in part of the design and some of those don't need to made for the next gen version. That's standard cross gen like any other game, hardly anything to consider it as a next gen exclusive.

kitler53

Yep.

Different article: What Does The PS5 Bring To Kena: Bridge Of Spirits? - Game Informer

Of course compromises were made in part of the design and some of those don't need to made for the next gen version. That's standard cross gen like any other game, hardly anything to consider it as a next gen exclusive.
I refuse to play it on ps4.  I have plenty of games to play that won't have extra love put into the ps5 version..

..and you guys still ignoring the fact it was a launch day game and a highly anticipated one at that. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

I refuse to play it on ps4.  I have plenty of games to play that won't have extra love put into the ps5 version..

..and you guys still ignoring the fact it was a launch day game and a highly anticipated one at that.
Fair enough, of course I'm going to play it on PS5 since I'll have a PS5 when it comes out. But I think it will still be pretty much the same game on PS4, its just got some nice upgrades.

I addressed that before, I don't think its a big loss. There's not going to be very many people at all out there who were going to buy PS5 at launch and now aren't due to this. Its highly anticipated by people who are into it but its not going to be a huge game anyway imo.

Legend

The problem imo is giving ps5 owners stuff to play. The system will be sold out but will people be making "ps5 has no game" jokes.

Dr. Pezus

The problem imo is giving ps5 owners stuff to play. The system will be sold out but will people be making "ps5 has no game" jokes.
Well obviously not since most if not all multiplats are coming to it. If anyone tries that joke when XSX literally has no exclusives lol

kitler53

Well obviously not since most if not all multiplats are coming to it. If anyone tries that joke when XSX literally has no exclusives lol
none of the multiplats appeal to me.  i'd play astros's playroom or spiderman at launch. after that no idea when another game i'd care about will come.  ratchet and to a less extent kena are my system sellers.   sackboy, little devil inside, godfall, demon's souls, and returnal i'll probably play too but i'll wait for the sale prices most likely.

all in all i don't feel pressured to get a ps5 at launch. less so than ps4 really.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Well xbox/ ps fans only make those jokes at each other and PS5 looks to have more games at launch and way more during the first year, so I don't think we'll be seeing those jokes made. PS4 did have a slightly worse launch than XB1 for exclusive titles and then had fewer in the first couple of years which is why we saw those everywhere last gen.

Go Up