The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

Raven

Yeah, Kill La Kill was honestly the first anime in a long time that just destroyed all anime conventions and poked fun at them all.  Hasn't been much since (Though it has only been two years).  Still, I wonder what's going to happen now that all the longer running Shonen Jump animes have finally finished.  Nothing has really come around to take over Naruto and Bleach.
One Piece and Fairy Tail seem to be the only really long running anime series left. I'm still crossing my fingers that they fire up another series of Bleach once the manga gets close to ending. I know Bleach hasn't sat well with you lately in the manga but I'd just like to see the actual conclusion in anime form after all the time I gave it.

EDIT: Durarara seems to still be going, now that I think about it.

darkknightkryta

One Piece and Fairy Tail seem to be the only really long running anime series left. I'm still crossing my fingers that they fire up another series of Bleach once the manga gets close to ending. I know Bleach hasn't sat well with you lately in the manga but I'd just like to see the actual conclusion in anime form after all the time I gave it.

EDIT: Durarara seems to still be going, now that I think about it.
Really? I thought X2 was the end.

Raven

Really? I thought X2 was the end.
X2 is still going. They just released the final episode of the second season of X2 on September 26th. A third season of it is planned. There will be 36 episodes in total for X2. The two mangas and the second set of light novels are ongoing. So we might see even more anime adaptation later. Though it will probably be a long time from now. It took them 5 years to get started on X2.

darkknightkryta

X2 is still going. They just released the final episode of the second season of X2 on September 26th. A third season of it is planned. There will be 36 episodes in total for X2. The two mangas and the second set of light novels are ongoing. So we might see even more anime adaptation later. Though it will probably be a long time from now. It took them 5 years to get started on X2.
I thought X2 ended after 12 episodes.  I knew the manga was going, but still.  Didn't think there was enough story to make it go for so long.  I'm actually disappointed Kenichi didn't go for much longer.  Up until the last arc, it was really good.

Raven

I thought X2 ended after 12 episodes.  I knew the manga was going, but still.  Didn't think there was enough story to make it go for so long.  I'm actually disappointed Kenichi didn't go for much longer.  Up until the last arc, it was really good.
Looking at Crunchyroll right now. X2 currently has 24 episodes spread across two seasons. Wikipedia says a third season will follow and end X2 at 36 episodes.

Yeah, I really liked Kenichi. I was surprised when I stumbled onto the OVA series but it only lasted for 11 episodes.

darkknightkryta

Looking at Crunchyroll right now. X2 currently has 24 episodes spread across two seasons. Wikipedia says a third season will follow and end X2 at 36 episodes.

Yeah, I really liked Kenichi. I was surprised when I stumbled onto the OVA series but it only lasted for 11 episodes.
Yeah, I wish the OVA started a new season.  But oh well.

Raven

Dr. Pezus

I really recommend Psycho Pass! Anyone else seen it?

Aura7541

I really recommend Psycho Pass! Anyone else seen it?
Yes, I liked the first season, but the second season was a bit of a letdown. I haven't seen the movie yet.

Dr. Pezus

Yes, I liked the first season, but the second season was a bit of a letdown. I haven't seen the movie yet.
Didn't watch the second season either because it got a mixed reception

Aura7541

Is anyone watching Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry? So far, it's pretty decent and the fight scenes are done really well.

darkknightkryta

Is anyone watching Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry? So far, it's pretty decent and the fight scenes are done really well.
No :(.  I'll look into it soon hopefully.  So I was recommended an anime: Gakko Gurashi.  I suggest everyone get through the first episode.

Aura7541

No :(.  I'll look into it soon hopefully.  So I was recommended an anime: Gakko Gurashi.  I suggest everyone get through the first episode.
I should point out do not get discouraged by the fanservice in the first 2 episodes (especially in the 2nd one). After that, it gets toned down by a lot.

darkknightkryta

I should point out do not get discouraged by the fanservice in the first 2 episodes (especially in the 2nd one). After that, it gets toned down by a lot.
I like fan service.  I actually managed to score Queen's Blade season 2 bluray for 20 bucks!

the-pi-guy

So I should stop after the first 2 episodes?  
Sounds good.  

Go Up