PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Jason Schreier says ND employees are indicating that they believe the leaker isn't an employee or ex-employee at all. Seems like due to work at home some of the cut scenes may have just leaked due to poor security. Seems ND employees are fairly happy and receiving extra pay.
There goes that narrative

the-pi-guy

You post on a gaming forum tho  :o 8)
It's a lot easier to justify certain things.  Like taking a couple minutes to make a post vs spending 30 minutes playing a game.  

the-pi-guy

This was curious:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9154424

Like 75% of this was rumored already.

Legend

This was curious:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9154424

Like 75% of this was rumored already.
I am pretty sure this is fake. Beyond just sounding fake, it goes against some things I know.

kitler53

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/05/28/star-wars-battlefront-ii-and-call-of-duty-wwii-are-your-ps-plus-games-for-june/

seems like a pretty good month for ps+.   anyone play battlefront II?  is there single player content to play too or is this just an online-multiplayer type game?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/05/28/star-wars-battlefront-ii-and-call-of-duty-wwii-are-your-ps-plus-games-for-june/

seems like a pretty good month for ps+.   anyone play battlefront II?  is there single player content to play too or is this just an online-multiplayer type game?
Had a full single player campaign. Wanted to try it out.

Xevross

Went back to Ratchet and Clank after the new one was announced. I got it around launch in 2016 but I stopped playing, I think some difficult encounters got me frustrated and I was enjoying it less, so I moved onto other games. I was about 2/3 through so over the last few days I finished it and did some side content, I can see why I might have dropped it but I found it a lot of fun going back, especially once I got to grips with all the weapons again.

The game is definitely flawed in many areas so I hope they can nail it better for Rift Apart, but its fun and it got my hyped for the PS5 game. The game still looks pretty nice as well, R&C PS5 might well set the visual standard next gen if it launches fairly early.

kitler53

Went back to Ratchet and Clank after the new one was announced. I got it around launch in 2016 but I stopped playing, I think some difficult encounters got me frustrated and I was enjoying it less, so I moved onto other games. I was about 2/3 through so over the last few days I finished it and did some side content, I can see why I might have dropped it but I found it a lot of fun going back, especially once I got to grips with all the weapons again.

The game is definitely flawed in many areas so I hope they can nail it better for Rift Apart, but its fun and it got my hyped for the PS5 game. The game still looks pretty nice as well, R&C PS5 might well set the visual standard next gen if it launches fairly early.
seriously?  i thought the game was pretty darn easy.  the entire series is really.   that part of why i liked "a quest for booty" and "into the nexus" so much because for the smaller downloadable titles they really ramped up the difficulty on hard mode to a level worthy of a series veteran.

jumping.  i recommend lots of jumping.  you can pretty much dodge anything the word can throw at you by jumping a lot.

Xevross

seriously?  i thought the game was pretty darn easy.  the entire series is really.   that part of why i liked "a quest for booty" and "into the nexus" so much because for the smaller downloadable titles they really ramped up the difficulty on hard mode to a level worthy of a series veteran.

jumping.  i recommend lots of jumping.  you can pretty much dodge anything the word can throw at you by jumping a lot.
Well yeah I finished it now. There's a couple of encounters which are complete clusterfucks where the game, I think, throws way too many enemies at you at once and its hard to dodge everything. After the first 5 minutes of getting the hang of all the controls again I think I died less than 10 times in the ~4-5 hours I played towards the end of the game, and most were at the same few encounters/ bosses.

Its the only R&C game I've played and I haven't played many games like that before. I'm normally one who plays aggressively by attacking as much as possible, I don't really enjoy dodging loads and waiting around for moments to strike. Its why action games like diablo where you just fly into groups of enemies without too much worry are ones I find most fun to play. And I find easier games where I can breeze through much more enjoyable in general. That's also why I practically never choose to play a game on hard, creating articifial difficulty just seems crazy in my mind, it would ruin my enjoyment of so many games.

Its like now I'm seeing all these recommendations to crank up the difficulty on TLOU2 because people think the lower difficulties are too generous with resources and AI is too forgiving but I'm just like nah I'll stick to normal difficulty thanks ;D

Dr. Pezus

Well yeah I finished it now. There's a couple of encounters which are complete clusterfucks where the game, I think, throws way too many enemies at you at once and its hard to dodge everything. After the first 5 minutes of getting the hang of all the controls again I think I died less than 10 times in the ~4-5 hours I played towards the end of the game, and most were at the same few encounters/ bosses.

Its the only R&C game I've played and I haven't played many games like that before. I'm normally one who plays aggressively by attacking as much as possible, I don't really enjoy dodging loads and waiting around for moments to strike. Its why action games like diablo where you just fly into groups of enemies without too much worry are ones I find most fun to play. And I find easier games where I can breeze through much more enjoyable in general. That's also why I practically never choose to play a game on hard, creating articifial difficulty just seems crazy in my mind, it would ruin my enjoyment of so many games.

Its like now I'm seeing all these recommendations to crank up the difficulty on TLOU2 because people think the lower difficulties are too generous with resources and AI is too forgiving but I'm just like nah I'll stick to normal difficulty thanks ;D
Didntt you play Bloodborne?

Xevross

Jun 16, 2020, 08:04 PM Last Edit: Jun 16, 2020, 11:23 PM by Xevross
It really frustrated me at first but I took my time to get into it, I had a lot of time back then so I could spend a while trying to get good at it. I can love really hard games but they have to be excellent to be able to grip me, like Bloodborne was. It was super hard but felt so fun when you got it right and was super rewarding. Sekiro isn't on the same level and I had to drop it, it just wasn't fun.

kitler53

bloodborne (and the rest of demon's/souls games) isn't hard so long as you approach it right.  it's not an "action" game it is a "puzzle" game.   you don't get better by learning and perfecting a deep combat system,.. you get better by picking the correct strategy.   some bosses you have to blitz.  some you have to dodge.  positioning is everything and once you know how to exploit the boss everything falls with ease.

Dr. Pezus

bloodborne (and the rest of demon's/souls games) isn't hard so long as you approach it right.  it's not an "action" game it is a "puzzle" game.   you don't get better by learning and perfecting a deep combat system,.. you get better by picking the correct strategy.   some bosses you have to blitz.  some you have to dodge.  positioning is everything and once you know how to exploit the boss everything falls with ease.

Yes that's why I asked him after his explanation heh. Definitely not actiony in the typical sense.

the-pi-guy

I don't think i realized that Sony added external HDD support.  ~3 years ago now.  

Bought a 2 TB drive.

Legend

I don't think i realized that Sony added external HDD support.  ~3 years ago now.  

Bought a 2 TB drive.
I'm still rocking a 500 GB drive.

Go Up