General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Sure higher speed is good for local connections, but not so much otherwise. 
For example, let's say you're filling up your gas tank.
Tank -> hose -> nozzle -> tank
If only so much is able to go through the hose, getting a bigger nozzle isn't going to get more gas through.   By that same logic, you could say getting a bigger tank (keeping everything the same) would allow more gas to get through the hose/nozzle.  This is of course not the case because the connection is still being restricted by the rest of the process. 
Internet -> modem -> router -> devices

Legend

I want to get back in to the puzzle business.

the-pi-guy

I want to get back in to the puzzle business.

You're already in it.  ;)

Legend

You're already in it.  ;)

The current place I sell my puzzles is/has effectivly shut down. I need to do some work in order to get back up and running.

the-pi-guy

The current place I sell my puzzles is/has effectively shut down. I need to do some work in order to get back up and running.

I've heard that excuse before. 

Legend

I've heard that excuse before. 

Hahaha the 3D printing company increased their prices by an extreme amount. A puzzle that would cost $50 to produce, now costs $300 dollars to produce.

So I'm thinking of bringing production back in to my control. Could make a puzzle that used to cost $50 to produce, only cost $10 to produce.

Dr. Pezus

Man this site has been dead while I was in Sweden

Mmm_fish_tacos

Hahaha the 3D printing company increased their prices by an extreme amount. A puzzle that would cost $50 to produce, now costs $300 dollars to produce.

So I'm thinking of bringing production back in to my control. Could make a puzzle that used to cost $50 to produce, only cost $10 to produce.

Maker bot.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Man this site has been dead while I was in Sweden

I've been moving the past few days. Been tired as hell, and waiting on cox to set up my net.

Legend

Legend

Maker bot.

Makerbot is too low quality. The 3D printers I use cost around a million.

Legend

Curse my unwaivering ethics! My SolidWorks subscription has also run dry. Instead of pirating the software or using the relatively cheap student version for professional use, I'm trying out an open source alternative.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Makerbot is too low quality. The 3D printers I use cost around a million.

There are others that do high quality prints in the thousands. The best one I've seen uses a projector and the part rises out of resin as it prints. Supper cool.

Legend

There are others that do high quality prints in the thousands. The best one I've seen uses a projector and the part rises out of resin as it prints. Supper cool.

SLS is what I need. Cheapest ones of those are still more expensive than houses.

Mmm_fish_tacos

SLS is what I need. Cheapest ones of those are still more expensive than houses.

I'll look that up later. Have you seen the one I'm talking about? The parts look perfect. Sorry I don't know the name of it.

Go Up