General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

If I wanted to become a Vita dev, what would I have to do?
And what would I have to know?

You could become a PlayStation Mobile dev. That's the simplest route, since Vita supports PS Mobile. Also the cheapest option. PS Mobile games can be exclusive to Vita.

Or you could directly develop for Vita, in which case you'd need to sign up here: http://us.playstation.com/develop/ The static IP address is a must, but you don't need it when registering. This is the more expensive option.

As far as knowing things, just learn an engine. With PS Mobile there are lots of free engines you can use (including unity). With direct Vita development you can still use a lot of the same engines, but there's a lot more behind the scenes you have to do. It takes time more than skill though.

7H3

Poor soccer.  :(

Soccer?! no real american cares about soccer except maybe peewee leagues for kids and soccer moms :P

To be fair I don't watch any sports on tv least of all soccer... well least of all golf... then baseball... and then soccer
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

world cup? is that for international football? I'm sure the all american team will win

Yeah, Americans tend to think their team is the best in the world lol

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

I'm sure a lot of Americans don't know that foot...ball is the most popular sport in the world by far. Would be interesting for a youtube video

Xevross

7H3

Jun 17, 2014, 09:57 PM Last Edit: Jun 17, 2014, 10:04 PM by 7H3
pro soccer is still not very popular in the us (while it is growing) which makes it mostly a moot point if its the most popular in the world since the #1 hub of sports and media in the world is the US... meaning the saturation of that popularity isn't as meaningful as the million dollar 1 minute commercials for the superbowl... you know the real football game:P

besides that soccer is boring to watch... almost as much as golf or baseball

(hope you know I'm just teasing I was trying to play the dumb american part, the only sports I enjoy watching on tv are Basketball and Hockey which is rare anyways)

Dr. Pezus

pro soccer is still not very popular in the us (while it is growing) which makes it mostly a moot point if its the most popular in the world since the #1 hub of sports and media in the world is the US... meaning the saturation of that popularity isn't as meaningful as the million dollar 1 minute commercials for the superbowl... you know the real football game:P

(hope you know I'm just teasing I was trying to play the dumb american part, the only sports I enjoy watching on tv are Basketball and Hockey which is rare anyways)

Soccer is the third most played sport in the US though. It's not small at all.

Xevross

:P I wouldn't say the US is the #1 hub of sports in the world, simply because they have such different tastes to everyone else. Also, prize money in football is way higher than for nfl. e.g. Champions league winner gets 5x  the amount of prize money. The huge ad costs are just weird really.

Xevross

Actually the Championship (English 2nd tier of football) playoff final, the game to get into the Premier League, is the biggest sporting event in the world in terms of prize money. Teams in the Premier League get paid £70 million (about $120m) more than teams in the Championship. Its crazy really.

7H3

hmm is that why professional athletes are always striking for more money...

Xevross

hmm is that why professional athletes are always striking for more money...

There's way too much money in sport.

7H3

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Idea:  Using VR online to simulate local multiplayer. 

Go Up