PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

i'm going to be honest guys,.. ps5 era is bringing far too many "options".   i'm not liking this whole research and pick the appropriate performance settings for my priority.  part of the joy of consoles is the whole "optimized to the hardware" thing.   at most we should have two options:  fidelity and performance.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

i'm going to be honest guys,.. ps5 era is bringing far too many "options".   i'm not liking this whole research and pick the appropriate performance settings for my priority.  part of the joy of consoles is the whole "optimized to the hardware" thing.   at most we should have two options:  fidelity and performance.

Nah I much prefer this. Choice is good. Not everyone has 4k TVs for example, or 120hz TVs, but some do and want to use them!
Makes games more scalable for future pro consoles too.

the-pi-guy

i'm going to be honest guys,.. ps5 era is bringing far too many "options".   i'm not liking this whole research and pick the appropriate performance settings for my priority.  part of the joy of consoles is the whole "optimized to the hardware" thing.   at most we should have two options:  fidelity and performance.

I don't think you really have to do any research.  It's not like PC where have a dozen settings and have to hope it plays fast enough for your liking.

If it's well optimized llike Spiderman is, there isn't a bad choice.

Legend

I agree, although maybe I'm just being selfish because I prefer 30fps+pretty graphics and that has always been the default.

Nah I much prefer this. Choice is good. Not everyone has 4k TVs for example, or 120hz TVs, but some do and want to use them!
Makes games more scalable for future pro consoles too.
It doesn't make them more scalable. A patch will still be needed to change how they run.

Dynamic resolution and framerates are the only things that automatically scale with better hardware, but they only become more consistent.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

I agree, although maybe I'm just being selfish because I prefer 30fps+pretty graphics and that has always been the default.
It doesn't make them more scalable. A patch will still be needed to change how they run.

Dynamic resolution and framerates are the only things that automatically scale with better hardware, but they only become more consistent.
Well yes I guess I meant it gives more benefits when pro consoles come out.

the-pi-guy

Hermen Hulst plays his PS5 upside down.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

I have put 5 hours into this system. I feel a bit guilty owning it.

Dr. Pezus

Give it to me ffs. Haven't bothered playing ps4 games I've bought because I want them 60fps stable

Xevross

Lol you should be guilty, there's lots of people who'd kill for the system and would use it way more. But at the same time its just one console and everyone who wants one will get one eventually, and its not like the games are going to disappear.

I was just adding up my total PS5 play hours yesterday actually, I'm up to 90 hours now. Average of about 4 hours a day since I got it.

the-pi-guy

I'm pretty sure I've played like 40 or so hours.  

Legend

Give it to me ffs. Haven't bothered playing ps4 games I've bought because I want them 60fps stable
Me too, but for whatever reason I haven't felt a drive to play my PS4 games yet. I want to finish Ghost of Tsushima.

Lol you should be guilty, there's lots of people who'd kill for the system and would use it way more. But at the same time its just one console and everyone who wants one will get one eventually, and its not like the games are going to disappear.

I was just adding up my total PS5 play hours yesterday actually, I'm up to 90 hours now. Average of about 4 hours a day since I got it.
I think come Christmas I'll be playing it a lot, but right now it's functionally equivalent to a PS4 for me. No rush to play older games and outside of Astrobot, I don't have any interesting new games. (loved astrobot)

I'm pretty sure I've played like 40 or so hours.  
I'm glad you're enjoying it!

the-pi-guy

And even better (worse), I'm pretty sure my brother has put in even more time than me.  

I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Thanks!!   :-*

Legend

I doubled my ps5 playtime.

(Watched an hbo max movie and had youtube on)

Go Up