The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Another delay.

Dr. Pezus

Another delay.

Another polish game being well... polished

Xevross

Finally got around to playing Hollow Knight (I got the basic ending, I may play a few more hours to get towards 100% completion).

Wonderful game, truly an expertly designed metroidvania. Platforming is the only thing that lets it down and stops it being a 10/10 for me, controls could be tighter and the hard platforming sections could be slightly better designed. Overall really glad I picked it up, was an awesome 23 hours of gaming

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

That's fun. So many wrong things.

Also I forgot about the ebay selling lol that was crazy.
Xbox 3 - Blu-Ray, 8-core CPU, 1.2 Teraflop GPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 24/7 online connectivity
PS4 - 4-core CPU, 2GB RAM, releasing Q3 2012, EA games currently very pissed because PS4 specs are so shaming compared to next Xbox
This is funny considering how it turned out.  

Legend

This is funny considering how it turned out.  
Is that post the first one to mention Durango and Orbis?

It gets pretty much everything else wrong but did it have a shred of truth?

the-pi-guy

Is that post the first one to mention Durango and Orbis?

It gets pretty much everything else wrong but did it have a shred of truth?
Looks like it might be the first.   Not sure if it was known before.  

Xevross

Bought Control from Argos for £28 on sale, I see there's a code inside it. Redeem code on PS store - "control pre order edition". Jesus christ, this game has been out for 5 months. I knew it was underperforming but yikes.

Legend

Bought Control from Argos for £28 on sale, I see there's a code inside it. Redeem code on PS store - "control pre order edition". Jesus christ, this game has been out for 5 months. I knew it was underperforming but yikes.
It's a good game. It also ends really quickly and feels like part one of a trilogy. Hopefully it's at least selling good enough for them to make another or flesh it out with more dlc.

What pre order bonus did you get?

Xevross

It's a good game. It also ends really quickly and feels like part one of a trilogy. Hopefully it's at least selling good enough for them to make another or flesh it out with more dlc.

What pre order bonus did you get?

Yep I heard that about it, there's a season pass available which is supposed to carry the story on. Might wait until the DLCs are out before I play it, I just wanted to buy it while it was on sale.

Pre order bonus seems to be two ps4 themes, a rare player mod and rare service weapon mod.

Legend

I bought The Warhorn on steam.

Kinda cool game that seems to be a good case study for my own game. It's an rpg with both survival and city building mechanics.

A lot smaller in scope but still does some interesting things.

Legend

Kotaku (Jason Schreier): Sources: EA Canceled A Star Wars: Battlefront Spinoff Last Year | ResetEra

Last spring, Electronic Arts canceled a planned spinoff of its popular Star Wars: Battlefront series--the third Star Wars game that the publisher has axed since 2017. This latest game, code-named Viking, was originally envisioned for release in fall 2020 alongside the next generation of consoles. But once it became clear to EA's executives that the timeline was unrealistic, Viking was no more.

This account is based on interviews with six people familiar with EA's inner workings, all of whom spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak to a reporter about canceled projects.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Source and full article: https://kotaku.com/sources-ea-canceled-a-star-wars-battlefront-spinoff-l-1841840704  

the-pi-guy

Next week?  

Legend

Next week?  
Dlc maybe?

Go Up