The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

the-pi-guy

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b4qm80/to_the_random_person_who_was_voicelessly_leading/

The concept of Journey is amazingly beautiful.  
You have a number of people who played through the game thinking they were playing with an NPC.  

Knowing that it isn't an NPC turned me off from the game though.  I just felt self conscious.  What if I'm doing weird stuff, and there's other player waiting for me to do something.  I don't need that kind of pressure.

Legend

I thought it was a scripted event when I played. The person appeared right at a good moment in the game and then disappeared. Only after looking it up online did I realise what it was.

Dr. Pezus

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b4qm80/to_the_random_person_who_was_voicelessly_leading/

The concept of Journey is amazingly beautiful.  
You have a number of people who played through the game thinking they were playing with an NPC.  

Knowing that it isn't an NPC turned me off from the game though.  I just felt self conscious.  What if I'm doing weird stuff, and there's other player waiting for me to do something.  I don't need that kind of pressure.
You don't need to stay together lol

Also, what weird stuff do you want to do in journey?

Legend

Xevross

Yeah I thought it was an NPC all the way through until I read about it online after.

DerNebel

Finished, or rather stopped playing, DQXI yesterday on a rather sour note. The game just kept dragging on and refused to wrap itself up, so I finally decided to just quit. I had actually already beaten what was supposed to be the final boss, but then the game decides to throw another act at you, with the real final boss requiring a pretty hefty amount of grinding. Add to that the fact, that the game made some decisions towards the end that majorly annoyed me and I just wasn't up for another 10 or so hours of this crud.

Disappointing as the game was actually fairly decent up until this point.

Now I'll hopefully be able to finish Valkyria Chronicles 4 today (at least the main story, I'll keep the remaining side content for some other time), so that afterwards I can start Sekiro.

Dr. Pezus

Is it me or is this a really good song lol?

Dr. Pezus

Get ready for a Borderlands 3 reveal tomorrow!

Xevross

Lol I only just noticed EDGE gave anthem a 4. Ouch.

Xevross

Here's the edge preview for days gone

Positive
  • Looks really good and is a technical feat

- Negative
  • AI is braindead (lol) and doesn't pose a threat
  • Motorcycle is sluggish
  • Didn't get to take on a large horde during their preview and felt players would get bored if they didn't showcase the game's -- in their words --single unique aspect right out of the gate
  • Unremarkable, full of ideas that have been done to death; like it came straight out of 2013 with grizzled dudes in caps and wife fridging
  • Promised depth with systems-driven mechanics were nowhere to be found
  • Feels like an afterthought

DerNebel

Mar 30, 2019, 04:33 PM Last Edit: Mar 30, 2019, 05:55 PM by DerNebel
Has Resetera been set to private??

Edit: Just a weird glitch I guess.

Legend

Has Resetera been set to private??

Edit: Just a weird glitch I guess.
Ya fine for me.

BananaKing

Here's the edge preview for days gone

Positive
  • Looks really good and is a technical feat

- Negative
  • AI is braindead (lol) and doesn't pose a threat
  • Motorcycle is sluggish
  • Didn't get to take on a large horde during their preview and felt players would get bored if they didn't showcase the game's -- in their words --single unique aspect right out of the gate
  • Unremarkable, full of ideas that have been done to death; like it came straight out of 2013 with grizzled dudes in caps and wife fridging
  • Promised depth with systems-driven mechanics were nowhere to be found
  • Feels like an afterthought

Looks like edge is ready to slam it with a 4. Not surprising.

DerNebel

Mar 31, 2019, 10:02 PM Last Edit: Mar 31, 2019, 10:04 PM by DerNebel
So after spending the weekend with Sekiro I have to say that I still haven't quite warmed up to it.

I love the aesthetic and world design and it's cool to have a From Software game, with a protagonist that actually has somewhat of a character. But the combat system still hasn't quite clicked with me yet leading to me still regularly hitting frustrating brick walls. This isn't helped by the fact that other than in Dark Souls or Bloodborne, you often have these mini bosses in the middle of a bunch of other enemies, which you have to clear out all the time, if you don't want them interfering with you battle against the boss. And a lot of these bosses seem to have a little too much going in their favour, I feel.

I really disliked Bloodborne in the beginning, but after finally defeating the Cleric Beast the game really clicked with me and I had way less problems with it afterwards, I'm still waiting for that moment here.

So I guess I just need to get gud. Or maybe this just isn't the type of Fromsoft game, that I enjoy.

Go Up