Bananaking has joined the generation

Started by BananaKing, Feb 23, 2024, 04:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I've been PCing.  It's more for playing with friends.  My friends are on console and won't get PCs.  But yeah, it's why I didn't get a PS5
got it.   makes sense now.

we'll probably see more cross-play games in the future.   you likely won't need a ps5/6 to play with friends too often as time goes on.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Feb 24, 2024, 02:48 PM Last Edit: Feb 24, 2024, 02:51 PM by BananaKing
firstly, gratz!

secondly, as my typical play time is aligned with the peak playtime WW I have not been able to get into helldivers all week.  it's hasn't been a problem on non peak hours but I would suggest you consider that information on your helldivers purchase consideration.  the game is amazing but it may be worth waiting for things to get resolved on their servers.

lastly,.. explain to me why now?   I've often wondered what drives a mid gen purchase. PS5 is still at the same price as launch.   it's BC with PS4 tiles with a massive improvement to load times.  personally I never jumped into a new gen faster.  usually I wait about a year to watch the sales (don't want to buy another dud console). this time the benefits was too great to wait.
I don't think my play time aligns with the peak time. So I think it will be fine. I don't think it's an issue anyways because a few more days or a week or so and this won't be an issue. It's clear the connection issues is just the number of players trying to play, but a code or development issue.

And for your second question. It's combination of things. 1- where I lived when the console launched it was hugely over priced, even stores jacked up the price (mother apple potatoes). It was selling for roughly 800-900 dollars. fudge that. If it were 500 dollars like it was supposed to be at launch, I might have gotten it then.

Then I was going through a career change, and was having trouble finding a job. I ended up having to move to two different countries. But I got a decent job now, settled in, and finally could afford it.

same.  and i technically have the money to "burn".   but no matter how much money i have i still live in a poor mindset.   i just can't bring myself to spend money that i don't really need to spend.   not buying hardware i don't really need is certainly one facet of that mindset.   i also very rarely buy games day-1.    
I don't think that's a poor mindset. I think that's a healthy mindset that doesn't leave to overspending and ending up in debt.

Horizon

I'm going to guess for most people it is finances or waiting for a specific game.

Personally been wanting a Series X for most of this generation, but it's rare that I have $500 that I would be wanting to spend on it.
I bought a Series X in 2021 and kinda regret it. I'm a huge Forza Horizon fan so being to play 2-5 is awesome but Starfield was kinda  let down. Nothing this year excites me as well. Hopefully Fable delivers.

darkknightkryta

got it.   makes sense now.

we'll probably see more cross-play games in the future.   you likely won't need a ps5/6 to play with friends too often as time goes on.
I'm playing Helldivers with them right now, so hopefully.

Go Up