PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Sorry I should have put that other post here.  

Insomniac Games is such a crazy studio compared to the rest of SIE.

Between 2006 and 2011, they released 7 PS3 games.  

Between 2015 and 2019, they released a major VR title, 2 major PS4 titles and 10 smaller titles.

These guys put out more PS3 titles than most SIE studios put total titles out in their entire history.

Crazy prediction: 2022, we will see another 2 IG games, one of which will be a VR title.  

kitler53

Sorry I should have put that other post here.  

Insomniac Games is such a crazy studio compared to the rest of SIE.

Between 2006 and 2011, they released 7 PS3 games.  

Between 2015 and 2019, they released a major VR title, 2 major PS4 titles and 10 smaller titles.

These guys put out more PS3 titles than most SIE studios put total titles out in their entire history.

Crazy prediction: 2022, we will see another 2 IG games, one of which will be a VR title.  
part of wht makes them such a good aquisition.  they know how to buget thei efforts better than most and never get distracted by BS like cloth simulation...

https://gamingbolt.com/the-order-1886-developer-explains-the-games-stellar-cloth-simulation

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

part of wht makes them such a good aquisition.  they know how to buget thei efforts better than most and never get distracted by BS like cloth simulation...

https://gamingbolt.com/the-order-1886-developer-explains-the-games-stellar-cloth-simulation
Yup that's why spiderman never wears a cape.  ::)

the-pi-guy

Mar 29, 2021, 05:43 PM Last Edit: Mar 29, 2021, 06:11 PM by the-pi-guy
Media Molecule Talks Curation And The Future Of Dreams

"One of the big things we did in the last half of last year was we made Abbie the live product lead for Dreams," says Reddy. "That's been a really big step because the live [aspect] is its own product in a way…We're on a big recruitment drive right now because to make the progress we want, we need programmers, and we need designers. What really excites me about all of this is Sony is really behind what we're doing and are investing in the studio to grow."

Although curation was one of the biggest issues that community members raised, another feature that remains a hot topic is the ability to export and monetize Dreams to reach a wider audience outside of the platform. At the moment, it is only possible to export and monetize video, audio, and imagery from Dreams rather than a full creation. Media Molecule co-founder and art director Kareem Ettouney, however, told GamesIndustry.Biz that the studio intends to allow creators to publish their games outside of the Sony ecosystem and "to other devices and beyond."

the-pi-guy

Sony Santa Monica is confirmed to have a second team.
GG is rumored to have a second team.
ND is certain to have something.
There's also a new studio in San Diego.

Insomniac is beastly, and the least predictable out of the group.  They're very unique out of this group in that they are bigger than most of the studios, and they're not trying to push the boundaries as much as the bigger studios.  So they're crazy productive.  

Legend

Media Molecule Talks Curation And The Future Of Dreams

Sounds like they want to treat it like a regular game engine. With its amazing sdf renderer, I could see it gaining traction amongst professional teams that have a specific look they're going for.

the-pi-guy

Japan Studio is gone and renamed Team ASOBI.

Legend

Japan Studio is gone and renamed Team ASOBI.
I refuse to like this post  :'(

the-pi-guy

Apr 09, 2021, 11:21 PM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2021, 11:44 PM by the-pi-guy
I'm happy with Santa Monica. GoW and a new IP is exactly what they should be doing.

Same with Insomniac. Spiderman, Ratchet, and they could very well have more on the way.

Probably the same with GG.  Horizon is great, and I believe there are rumors of another game.

As far as we know Sucker Punch is good.

Sony London is okay. I think they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. 

Sony Bend is okay. Glad they're working on their new IP.

Polyphony is okay. They're doing what they've always done.

Media Molecule is okay.  Tearaway is great.  But I'm disappointed with their direction.  I love LittleBigPlanet, but it's disappointing they opted to have a game almost exclusively based around the create part with nothing for people who aren't creators. 

Pixelopus is hopefully okay.

Disappointed with Naughty Dog. Game development is getting longer and now they're spending time on a remake I don't care about and a MP game I don't care about.

Disappointed with Sony San Diego. From a business sense they don't feel like they are adding anything anymore. I liked their output during the PS3 gen.  Modnation Racers was awesome (though not entirely theirs). 

Disappointed with Japan Studio. Astro is great. But I'm going to miss a lot of the other things they made. 

Disappointed with the second San Diego Studio.  They gave me hope that Sony would be expanding in the right way this gen.  Having a semi-secret studio gave me hope that Sony would have surprises up their sleeve and now it doesn't. 

Legend

Apr 09, 2021, 11:34 PM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2021, 11:36 PM by Legend
Guerrilla is pretty good.

the-pi-guy

Guerrilla is pretty good.
Can't believe I forgot them.  

SWORDF1SH

Dreams has plenty of content for people who just want to play. Thousands of decent games,  music and art and must be pushing 100 games that wouldn't look out of place for an indie game on the PS Store.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Develop and maintain strong creative and collaborative partnerships across subject areas to help further develop the in-game characters, visual language, and rule sets for fantasy-based worlds
Santa Monica Studio

Specifically for an unannounced title.  

Go Up