Xbox Series preorder thread! (may the odds be ever in your favor)

Started by Legend, Sep 22, 2020, 12:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Seems stock is super limited.

Who else will be trying to snag one?

Legend

Seems series s has limited stock but limited demand. Maybe just scalpers avoiding it, maybe just not interesting to the type of people wanting a system day one.

Wonder if it'll just be a dud. Sure it's an amazing secondary console or an amazing budget console, but does that demand exist at launch?

kitler53

Seems series s has limited stock but limited demand. Maybe just scalpers avoiding it, maybe just not interesting to the type of people wanting a system day one.

Wonder if it'll just be a dud. Sure it's an amazing secondary console or an amazing budget console, but does that demand exist at launch?
pre-orders for s not moving?  evidence?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

pre-orders for s not moving?  evidence?
Has been up on Amazon Germany and Amazon UK for 6+ hours: Xbox Series S 512GB: Amazon.de: Games

Xbox Series S: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Xevross

Series S still in stock in the UK after 7 and a half hours. Pretty crazy. I guess there is almost zero demand for it amongst early adopters.

Legend

Series S still in stock in the UK after 7 and a half hours. Pretty crazy. I guess there is almost zero demand for it amongst early adopters.
Also at least at physical gamestops, it seems to roughly be at the same 5 to 1 ratio as PS5 and PS5 DE.

Will be really interesting to see how America goes in 30 minutes. Might give us a better sign of the quantity involved.

Did you get a series x?

kitler53

Sep 22, 2020, 02:31 PM Last Edit: Sep 22, 2020, 02:37 PM by kitler53
makes a lot of sense really.  those that are going to pre-order within minutes of pre-orders going live are going to be your fanatics not your casuals.  series s is for the casuals.  the only thing i would read into this is scalpers lack confidence in their ability to upcharge this console.  that also kind of makes sense because with the series x at $500 there is sort of a "ceiling" on how much of an upcharge they can even try for.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Yep.  
Zhuge and IGN had polls and Series S was at the bottom and it wasn't even close.

Which could have easily not happened but it seemed possible considering the overlap between who buys day 1 and who would be taking those polls

nnodley

i'm not gonna try and snag one when they go up, but if there is still potentially any available on amazon or gamestop i might snag a series x just to have and then decide closer to launch if i want to keep it or not.

Xevross

Also at least at physical gamestops, it seems to roughly be at the same 5 to 1 ratio as PS5 and PS5 DE.

Will be really interesting to see how America goes in 30 minutes. Might give us a better sign of the quantity involved.

Did you get a series x?
I got a proper gaming PC this year so I'd be stupid to get a series X as well while I'm out of a job!

I might get one eventually for my future living room but for now PC with game pass is my Xbox jam.

Legend

I got a proper gaming PC this year so I'd be stupid to get a series X as well while I'm out of a job!

I might get one eventually for my future living room but for now PC with game pass is my Xbox jam.
Oh yeah gamepass for pc  :P

Legend

Best Buy and Amazon forget what time it is.

This is worse than PS5  ::)

nnodley

Sep 22, 2020, 03:50 PM Last Edit: Sep 22, 2020, 03:54 PM by nnodley
Best Buy and Amazon forget what time it is.

This is worse than PS5  ::)
Right. Like this is better how?  It still the same old clusterfuck, just a tad more organized.

I almost had one through gamestop like 20 minutes after they opened, but it took so long to get through checkout it sold out.   Might try amazon, but not too worried if i don't get one

welp got one on amazon. lol

Literally refreshed right when the page went live and got through checkout in a breeze

Legend

Ok got one through smile amazon. It's a gift order I guess. Good enough. I'm done with this.

Legend

Series X sold out on Amazon. Live for 13 minutes or so.