Microsoft Buys Zenimax/ Bethesda for $7.5B

Started by Xevross, Sep 21, 2020, 01:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Sep 21, 2020, 01:03 PM Last Edit: Sep 21, 2020, 01:12 PM by Xevross

Why Microsoft Is the Perfect Fit

But the key point is we're still Bethesda. We're still working on the same games we were yesterday, made by the same studios we've worked with for years, and those games will be published by us.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Confirmed:

kitler53

i really don't like where the industry is heading.   there will be no 3rd party developers soon.

Xevross

Games will still be published by bethesda: Why Microsoft Is the Perfect Fit

But the key point is we're still Bethesda. We're still working on the same games we were yesterday, made by the same studios we've worked with for years, and those games will be published by us.

Xevross

Sony has 14 dev studios for reference, xbox game studios is now massive compared to playstation studios.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well gaming was good while it lasted.

the-pi-guy

1.) F.

2.) GD.  

3.) This seems like a crazy good deal compared to some acquisitions.

4.) This is horrible.  Is TES VI not coming to PS5 anymore?  

kitler53

i'm still getting ps5,.. playstation studios are a huge part of my gaming appetite.   but dang,.. ms is really going to buy up the entire industry.   sony's long term is screwed if this continues.   sony can't float their console entirely buy themselves like nintendo can.  

Xevross

I'm so glad I invested in a gaming PC. I might actually have to stick with game pass, its looking better and better every day.

Xevross

That's 2300 devs added to xbox first party. iirc that almost doubles their numbers to about 5k employees for XGS. Sony first party is less than 3000.

Legend

the-pi-guy

My hope is that the only change for Bethesda is that their games are going to game pass.

MS really believes in Gamepass.  

I wonder how Sony will respond.

the-pi-guy

MS: are you interested in Gamepass now, Sony?  

DerNebel

Disgusting.

Can't wait to see this being celebrated because Gamepass.

Go Up