PS4
3DS
Ouya
Vita
Wii U
Go Down

Aura7541

Jun 12, 2015, 02:56 PM Last Edit: Jun 12, 2015, 02:58 PM by Aura7541
People instead of looking why things are why they are they just see things are and freak
It's also kinda surprising seeing some people being enthusiastic about the XBO's performance. Last May, its sales were cannabalized by the Kinect-less SKU that came out in June. However, this year it doesn't have a new SKU that is $100 less. The rest of this year will be the true test for the XBO. Can it outperform the $399 Kinect-less XBO (which then became the $349 AC bundle in November + December)? Considering that it is up YOY marginally and the console costed $499 until last June, I'm pretty skeptical.

Xevross

PS4 definitely needs a price cut soon. These numbers are too low to carry on for long. June will look good but July onwards will be bad at this rate.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It's also kinda surprising seeing some people being enthusiastic about the XBO's performance. Last May, its sales were cannabalized by the Kinect-less SKU that came out in June. However, this year it doesn't have a new SKU that is $100 less. The rest of this year will be the true test for the XBO. Can it outperform the $399 Kinect-less XBO (which then became the $349 AC bundle in November + December)? Considering that it is up YOY marginally and the console costed $499 until last June, I'm pretty skeptical.
Well you say 349. But that isn't quite true  . They also had a deal of trade your 360 or ps3 and get 150 towards an xbox one. It cost me 50 bucks to get a xbox one last year in November.

Raven

I'm telling you guys, you need to consider the Batman bundles in this. Because we don't know the impact that had on April and May sales the best thing to do is wait until the June numbers come out and compare the PS4's numbers this quarter to the same quarter last year. Worrying about its numbers right now when we have consoles being pre-ordered over the last few months that can't be counted until the report in July is silly.

Also, Amazon is going to become less and less reliable for determining where everything stands the more diverse the products become. Sales can fluctuate for a variety of factors from year-to-year or compared to the same time last generation. What if PS4 sales shoot up over the coming months without a price drop for other reasons like the release of certain titles? After all, the PS4 had the best start in the history of the industry. It was well over the Wii despite being $150 more expensive. Price is not the only thing that can bring sales up and I think right now it's very premature to be insisting it needs it.

You'll get the drop this year, that's for sure. I just don't think this concern is very justified.

Aura7541

PS4 definitely needs a price cut soon. These numbers are too low to carry on for long. June will look good but July onwards will be bad at this rate.
The PS4 is in somewhat of a precarious situation. Yes, an immediate $50 pricecut will undoubtedly raise the baseline sales, but for how long? Definitely not for a year. A $100 pricecut will make a much larger impact, but now isn't really the best time to do it. September/October is the best time because that's when video game sales are high.

The Batman bundles make a decent stopgap solution. Will the boost last until MGSV? That's kinda pushing it, but perhaps another Gamestop deal can pick up the slack before MGSV (and hopefully, the limited edition bundle in the US) comes out.

darkknightkryta

The PS4 is in somewhat of a precarious situation. Yes, an immediate $50 pricecut will undoubtedly raise the baseline sales, but for how long? Definitely not for a year. A $100 pricecut will make a much larger impact, but now isn't really the best time to do it. September/October is the best time because that's when video game sales are high.

The Batman bundles make a decent stopgap solution. Will the boost last until MGSV? That's kinda pushing it, but perhaps another Gamestop deal can pick up the slack before MGSV (and hopefully, the limited edition bundle in the US) comes out.
I think an October price cut to 299.99 will be the best solution.  Late October even early November.  Batman, MGS and some summer titles should keep the PS4 chugging along.  Then a bomb of 299.99, announced at the Paris conference, will push sales for another 2 years.  Then 199.99 for the rest of the gen for the last 4 years of the gen.  Hopefully Sony will make some kind of PSTV 2 which will use a shrunk down PS3 for 99 bucks by then, or else the PS4 might actually end up cheaper than the PS3.

Dr. Pezus

Is the >67k right for 3DS?
If so: Wow, new 3DS effect was quick to wear off...
Replacement is coming next year without a doubt

Legend

Or at e3!!!

Xevross

What makes you say that? It could have been 150k for all we know :)

the >67k makes it more than 15 million LT, so its very vague

P.S. I agree completely ;)

darkknightkryta

Yeah, Nintendo really needs to think their next set of hardware through.

Dr. Pezus

What makes you say that? It could have been 150k for all we know :)

the >67k makes it more than 15 million LT, so its very vague

P.S. I agree completely ;)
Lol. Well I didn't see the post that said that so I don't know but usually they say >x, where x is actually close to the real number

Oh so it was just based on the 15m announcement?

Xevross

Lol. Well I didn't see the post that said that so I don't know but usually they say >x, where x is actually close to the real number

Oh so it was just based on the 15m announcement?
Yeah, it must have been at 14,933,000 before May so it has to have done at least 67k

Go Up