Xbox One
PS4
3DS
Ouya
Vita
Wii U
Go Down

Cute Pikachu

What's everyone's predictions for splatoon and witcher 3?
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Legend

Cute Pikachu

Legend

Raven

PS4 takes May despite not being able to count Batman bundles.

Legend

"As we head into E3, we would like to thank gamers for making PS4 the top-selling console and the leader in software sales in the U.S. in May," a Sony spokesperson said in a statement provided to GamesBeat. "We are truly humbled by this success and we look forward to sharing what's next for PS4 at our E3 press conference on June 15."

The PlayStation 4 has outsold the Xbox One every month this year except for April. That has helped Sony's hardware build a substantial lead over Microsoft.

Xevross

PS4 takes May despite not being able to count Batman bundles.
Amazon isn't making the Batman bundles look very big. Destiny bundles stayed close to the top for months but Batman is no where to be seen. I don't think it will have affected sales by too much

Legend

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

that was quite fast. Now, for Witcher 3 split!

Raven

Amazon isn't making the Batman bundles look very big. Destiny bundles stayed close to the top for months but Batman is no where to be seen. I don't think it will have affected sales by too much
One thing you may not be considering is the limited edition bundle which shot up the charts and sold out two or three times very quickly before it stayed gone. I'm guessing there are more than a few people who are holding out until the last minute to see if it becomes available again before taking the plunge on the normal bundle. I also don't expect Batman to have the same impact that Destiny did. Destiny was hyped to high heaven, was highly anticipated just for being made by the guys that did Halo, had its bundle announced at E3, and released at a time when games sales start picking up. Even if the normal Batman bundle is only selling 20 to 30k more PS4s a month, that's 20 to 30k that aren't being counted in April and May. That normal bundle alone would have been the difference between winning April and losing it, which they did. Again, that's not even considering how many the limited edition may have sold in April.

Cute Pikachu

Looks like Splatoon has been teased to be in top 5 going by this comment on gaf.
You can count to its position with only one hand or something like that.

Xevross

One thing you may not be considering is the limited edition bundle which shot up the charts and sold out two or three times very quickly before it stayed gone. I'm guessing there are more than a few people who are holding out until the last minute to see if it becomes available again before taking the plunge on the normal bundle. I also don't expect Batman to have the same impact that Destiny did. Destiny was hyped to high heaven, was highly anticipated just for being made by the guys that did Halo, had its bundle announced at E3, and released at a time when games sales start picking up. Even if the normal Batman bundle is only selling 20 to 30k more PS4s a month, that's 20 to 30k that aren't being counted in April and May. That normal bundle alone would have been the difference between winning April and losing it, which they did. Again, that's not even considering how many the limited edition may have sold in April.
True, I'm not expecting it to do anything close to what Destiny did. I don't think it will have too huge of an impact. It definitely caused PS4 sales to drop in April and maybe a bit in May but I still don't think it will be very much. Maybe 20 to 30k is about right.

Raven

True, I'm not expecting it to do anything close to what Destiny did. I don't think it will have too huge of an impact. It definitely caused PS4 sales to drop in April and maybe a bit in May but I still don't think it will be very much. Maybe 20 to 30k is about right.
I'm going to guess that PS4's June NPD will have at least 100k sales from the Batman bundles alone over these last few months. Wouldn't surprise me if PS4 has a 300k+ month.

Go Up