I almost exclusively play as female characters.

Started by Gooch_Suplex_Hold, Jan 02, 2016, 12:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Gooch_Suplex_Hold

Bare with me  since I have a hard time expressing myself.

This is something I noticed since towards the end of the last generation. I realized this when I started playing Borderlands 2. I picked the character Gaige since her designs were more appealing to me. I started my playthrough with her and I actually had fun since I didn't like those types of games before. Similar thing happen again when I played diablo 3 as a female Demon Hunter (since it felt natural to me) I beat the game like three times. I felt that Tomb Raider (2013) was better than Uncharted 1 and 3 (I put 2013 and 2 on the same level.)

I think you get the point.

I'm a little bummed out about Persona 5 not that it was delayed but y'know the protagonist isn't female. Maybe next time?

Does anyone here have similar taste?

Dr. Pezus

Do you also like dressing up in women's clothing?

Gooch_Suplex_Hold

Do you also like dressing up in women's clothing?
Nope.

Do you?

Legend

I think of playing games as role playing/acting. It doesn't matter to me if the character is male or female.

In games where you can chose your own character, I'm pretty 50/50. Depends on the game.

Aura7541

I'm pretty 50/50. As long as the protagonist is portrayed and written well, then I'm fine.

You talking about Persona 5 not having a female protagonist reminds me of the FemC in P3P. I really enjoyed playing P3 from her perspective and frankly, I found her social links to be much better than the MC's. It sucks that she wasn't in Persona Q despite Theo being in there. It would've been really interesting to see the character interactions with her in the cast...

Xevross

Usually if you can choose I prefer to play male characters. And if you can design appearances I make them look like myself :)

Having said that, I'm playing AC Syndicate right now and I play Evie 90% of the time. She's such a badass.

the-pi-guy

And if you can design appearances I make them look like myself  
Same-ish!  
Not exactly, sometimes I'll kinda beef myself up a little or give myself a sweet beard or something.  
But basically, in Skyrim, I always choose Nords because they look most like me, and usually give them the same hair color, etc.  

Aside from that, I don't mind playing as either.  Actually, I might enjoy playing as a girl at times, because it's not so common.  
Like Horizon, I'm pretty (freaking) excited to play as her.  The Last of Us, I enjoyed playing as a lady too, etc.  

BasilZero

You got a problem ;o

Like all the other weeboos!

Dr. Pezus

Legend

@Xevross @the-Pi-guy

I never play as myself or try to copy my looks. That's not fun!

the-pi-guy

@Xevross @the-Pi-guy

Sometimes it's fun to imagine a new person for a role, other times its fun to imagine a new role for yourself.  

the-pi-guy

Growing up, I had this desire to go to different worlds.  Fictional or otherwise, to be honest.  I love the idea of going to different planets, love the idea of being part of fictional worlds.  

Being in the harry potter universe, being a wizard.  Being in the Naruto universe, being a super powerul ninja.  

I love being able to watch stories and play games, but I'm incredibly excited for the possibility to also be able to really experience stuff.

It's the reason I'm so excited for VR and AI.
VR, being able to experience, basically first hand, the world.  Being able to look around for yourself.  
AI.  Is more complicated, but basically designing intelligences.  Creating NPCs with the capability of new types of interaction.  
Playing Skyrim, with VR and the ability to have unscripted conversations with characters that potentially have goals, dreams, feelings.  Maybe it sounds silly, but that possibility has been something that I've been dreaming about for a long time.  
Maybe some parts of it will be impossible, but I'm hoping to actually work on it myself.  

So that's a big part of my motivation to playing as myself.  

Xevross

@Xevross @the-Pi-guy

I like having a sexy character to look at, though!

darkknightkryta

Mostly women.  I'd rather stare at a digital woman's dog for 40 hours vs a guy's.

Rorono

My current DA I char is a red headed female Dalish rogue
Though in DA I preferred male Hawk

Generally female but depends on the game