The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Haven't felt so happily addicted to a game in a quite a while! Borderlands 3 is so much fun!

Legend

Haven't felt so happily addicted to a game in a quite a while! Borderlands 3 is so much fun!
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Seems you've opened up to the game!

Xevross

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Seems you've opened up to the game!
I haven't opened up! Gameplay has been phenomenal from the start. Everything to do with guns, loot and moment to moment gameplay is absolutely brilliant. Its other shame which lets the game down and my opinion on that hasn't changed.

SkillUp just posted their review with the same thoughts. UI is horrible, writing is getting old, mission structure is stale, open worlds are static and dead. Its got a lot of classic problems of the genre but it gets the pure gameplay right like never before, which is why it deserves 80+ and I can't stop playing it.

Xevross

This year has been so bad for 9/10+ games so far and I don't see that changing much in the last few months. My favourite 2019 game so far is Astral Chain and that's a 8.7/10 for me, when last year I had 8 games on 9.0+. Finishing a year without any 9.0+ games would be really bad though, I don't even remember a year where I didn't consider any new game I played to be at least a 9.

Its a shame after last year was so amazing in this regard, but at least next year is shaping up to be amazing as well with TLOU2, Cyberpunk and FF7 Remake etc.

I do still have to play DMC5 and Sekiro, maybe one of them will make it. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Pokemon are the two upcoming candidates which I think have a chance, and maybe I'm still in for a surprise from something. We'll see I guess.

nnodley

got my TLOU part 2 collectors edition preordered!!  Need that ellie statue!

BananaKing

This year has been so bad for 9/10+ games so far and I don't see that changing much in the last few months. My favourite 2019 game so far is Astral Chain and that's a 8.7/10 for me, when last year I had 8 games on 9.0+. Finishing a year without any 9.0+ games would be really bad though, I don't even remember a year where I didn't consider any new game I played to be at least a 9.

Its a shame after last year was so amazing in this regard, but at least next year is shaping up to be amazing as well with TLOU2, Cyberpunk and FF7 Remake etc.

I do still have to play DMC5 and Sekiro, maybe one of them will make it. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Pokemon are the two upcoming candidates which I think have a chance, and maybe I'm still in for a surprise from something. We'll see I guess.
Every few years comes a year where there isnt really any amazing titles coming out. 2012 was one. Ironically they are both years previous to a new console launch

Legend

Looking better. Next few months might bring this year up to greatness.

BananaKing

Rdr 2 is coming to PC this November. On steam on December

Dr. Pezus

That's crazy!

Xevross

That's crazy!
You mean releasing on steam a month later is crazy, right? Because the PC launch is super expected.

I can't make sense of the month delay on steam though when its gonna be on lots of places like Humble in November.

BananaKing

You mean releasing on steam a month later is crazy, right? Because the PC launch is super expected.

I can't make sense of the month delay on steam though when its gonna be on lots of places like Humble in November.
I dont understand it either. Maybe it's to try and promote their store more? And see steam as the store that really would steal much sales from them? I'm not sure. But I think with the pc launch this will reach 35 million lifetime, maybe even more. Which is absolutely massive.

the-pi-guy

But what about RDR?

Xevross

Blizzard has removed Hong Kong Hearthstone player blitzchung from Hearthstone Grand Masters and rescinded all his prize money | ResetEra

This is disgraceful battleship.

UPDATE 1: Casters also fired.

All this shame is making my choice about COD this year much easier. fudge Actiblizz for this, I hope they actually feel some repercussions.

the-pi-guy

Blizzard has removed Hong Kong Hearthstone player blitzchung from Hearthstone Grand Masters and rescinded all his prize money | ResetEra

All this shame is making my choice about COD this year much easier. fudge Actiblizz for this, I hope they actually feel some repercussions.
Ugh this is disappointing.  

We gotta fight this.  

Legend

Ugh this is disappointing.  

We gotta fight this.  
South Park had perfect timing with their episode last week. I wonder if it, this, and the NBA are the start of this becoming a mainstream movement.

Go Up