It's Official: McCarthy Ousted. America a Shitshow.

Started by kitler53, Oct 03, 2023, 08:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I'm watching it live.  Probably best I keep this out of that other thread.   But it's official now.  McCarthy is out and only a few weeks to find a new one and pass something to keep the government running.   We truely are a shitshow of a democracy right now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

Oct 03, 2023, 08:50 PM Last Edit: Oct 03, 2023, 09:03 PM by kitler53
the USA is nearly 250 years old.  This has never happened before.

Legend

the USA is nearly 150 years old.  This has never happened before.
The house speaker has never been ousted before?

kitler53

Never. 

John Boehner was threatened (again but the extremists portion of republicans) but he stepped down before a vote could take place. I've lost track of the article i read about it in but in something like 1901 there was a vote but the guy survived the vote. 

the-pi-guy

the USA is nearly 150 years old.  This has never happened before.

CNN says this:
No House speaker has ever before been ousted through the passage of a resolution to remove them.

Now I'm wondering if there are some weird scenarios that happened in the past, where they were ousted in other ways.

kitler53

Oct 03, 2023, 09:03 PM Last Edit: Oct 03, 2023, 09:06 PM by kitler53
Patrick T. McHenry (R-N.C.) was appointed speaker pro-tempore to preside over the chamber until a new speaker is elected.

...I wonder how long the process will take this time to elect a new speaker.  i feel like the 8 republicans that voted against McCarthy are going to be even more dug in than last time.  how many votes until McCarthy conceeds defeat and someone else is choosen.   (...and as a liberal) is the new guy even worse??   

i can't say i've very opinionated on whether democrats are making the right move to help oust McCarthy or not.   huge gamble imo.

lol, oops.   i specifically googled it to make sure i got the right number and then fat fingered the wrong one in.   

CNN says this:Now I'm wondering if there are some weird scenarios that happened in the past, where they were ousted in other ways.
maybe there are other stories in our history but i feel like John Boehner is like the prime example to point too for CNN's very crafted statement.