Twitter now owned by Elon Musk

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2022, 02:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I agree,  but do you agree we should have these labels for transparency?
Good labels are great for transparency.
Bad labels do the opposite. They can confuse and give people misleading impressions. 

They can make it easier to give credibility to bad people. If you like NPR, you might assume that China Xinhua News is just as good for getting a broader perspective. 

I feel this isn't really an issue, NPR may be labelled wrong but it will be altered if NPR put in a reasonable argument why it shouldn't be labelled "government funded". I don't understand the amount of push back about labelling when it benefits the public.
That's the complete opposite of how most things work.
Arguments usually work by waiting for evidence of something, not by providing evidence of there not being something. 

I think the main argument why they are labelled "government funded" is because they say on their own website that the rely on government funding. If they can provide context,
Where does it say that on the NPR website?

Now today I see they've removed all labels, including from state media.

It's been hard following all the changes. Looks like today no one has labels, or maybe the system is glitched.

Youtube has traditionally labeled BBC, NPR, and PBS as publicly funded media so I'm pretty sure they're happy with that label. It's only the government/state funded label that was problematic for them.
I see YouTube labelling things like:
NPR is an American Public Broadcast.

I don't see the same implied language on their channel, but maybe I am missing it. 

SWORDF1SH

the-pi-guy

But it's not taken down
The whole article is right here:
Public Radio Finances : NPR

Federal funding is essential to public radio's service to the American public and its continuation is critical for both stations and program producers, including NPR.
They're also not talking about NPR in that line.

Federal funding is essential to healthcare systems, that doesn't mean that all healthcare all the time is funded by federal funding.

SWORDF1SH

But it's not taken down
The whole article is right here:
Public Radio Finances : NPR

They're also not talking about NPR in that line.

Federal funding is essential to healthcare systems, that doesn't mean that all healthcare all the time is funded by federal funding.
If essential federal funding isn't associated with NPR in any way then yes they are incorrectly labelled. That needs to be corrected.

Legend

Wonder if she'll be a name we know.

Legend

the-pi-guy

Screenshot_2023-05-12_at_12.21.52_PM.png

the-pi-guy

Pretty fascinating.

Right wingers think she's a left wing looney, and left wingers think she's a right wing looney.  

Legend

Pretty fascinating.

Right wingers think she's a left wing looney, and left wingers think she's a right wing looney.  
Did people even know who she was before this?

Head of ads or something at NBCUniversal is a big position but not one I followed lol.

the-pi-guy

Did people even know who she was before this?
Doubt. Era seems to just be looking at her twitter account.

SWORDF1SH

Not a clue who she is but if some of the left and right don't like her, it may mean she doesn't play sides which is good.

kitler53

i know nothing about her other than elon must trust her and therefore i'll assume she's a looney.  

...it's not impossible to be both left and right looney at the same time.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

May 12, 2023, 09:29 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 09:39 PM by Legend
Now that we know who it is, I think it's time for new predictions!

Do you think she will remain the CEO of Twitter for a reasonable amount of time, or will there be a shakeup before the year is over?

Doubt. Era seems to just be looking at her twitter account.
Oh gosh I just found reddit people unironically believing this is the next step of the illuminati taking over  :P

kitler53

Now that we know who it is, I think it's time for new predictions!

Do you think she will remain the CEO of Twitter for a reasonable amount of time, or will there be a shakeup before the year is over?
Oh gosh I just found reddit people unironically believing this is the next step of the illuminati taking over  :P
i'm 50/50.  elon is an unstable sort of folk so who knows...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i'm 50/50.  elon is an unstable sort of folk so who knows...
I tried looking up the corporate history of other Musk ventures but most websites just make up whatever they want and contradict each other.

SpaceX has been rock solid with the same president/COO since 2002 and I think OpenAI, Neuralink, and The Boring Company have all had steady CEOs/presidents. On the other side of the coin though, Tesla seems to have been pretty fluid with upper people leaving and co-founders of Neuralink left. Also lots of og Twitter people slowly left.

I'd lean more towards the middle ground of her leaving after two years.

Go Up