Evolve

Started by Raven, May 06, 2014, 12:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

7H3

It's not all about length, but also about the content within. Maybe those people see much more value in The Order (value is subjective) precisely because of the story and insane production values. Personally I have zero interest in MP only games, heck I hardly play MP at all when it's available except for a few matches occasionally. I just don't enjoy it as much as a high quality SP.

me personally i'm more interested in evolve right now because of the MP, but would pick up the order for cheaper down the line as replayability is a major factor in value for my considerations when buying games
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

me personally i'm more interested in evolve right now because of the MP, but would pick up the order for cheaper down the line as replayability is a major factor in value for my considerations when buying games
Yes but MP games in most cases don't have much replayability for me because I just don't enjoy it as much and therefore usually drop the MP fast.

Max King of the Wild

I'm getting more time with the order than i ever would with evolve. I'd rather have a grasping story with varied gameplay than repetitive multiplayer doing the same thing over and again. Rinse and repeat. If i bought evolve I'd play one match and know exactly what every other match will be like. Also, enjoyment of single player games isn't directly related to sales like MP are

kitler53

Feb 23, 2015, 06:36 PM Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015, 06:38 PM by kitler53

Just finished a 50 minute intense match of Evacuation. Went against a party of 3 or 4 hunters. Got out to a 3-0 lead on them with Goliath but thanks to three ticks on the auto balance meter and two extremely hunter friendly modes I lost the last two rounds but still won overall. I couldn't really care less how it sells so long as there are plenty of people to play, and there are. When it clicks, it can't be replicated by anything else around right now imho.

I wonder how many of the people complaining around the Internets about the price of this are people who bought The Order Friday morning and had the platinum by dinner? 

It does have some lingering network issues though, which is fudgy battleship. 2k really is a terrible publisher.

evolve, order, destiny, titanfall, AC:unity are all just victims of the current pitch fork mentality gamers have.  why gamers are so intent on burning the industry to the ground i'll never understand but that's where things are.

personally i would never play a game like titanfall or evolve.   i just don't like mp all that much.  i'm much rather put my cash into a game like the order because i like single player games and co-op games.  honestly, i'm a bit afraid of online only games because it requires other people to buy it in order to play it.   you might have enough people to play today but by next month maybe not and to me that's a risk.   still, i know you love mp games and i can respect that.  i have no need to try and make you feel like shame for having different tastes than myself,... another place where gamers have tons of pitch forks these days. 

so much toxicity.  so much angst.  so much hatred aimed and nothing.

edit: so i've seen you post over here a few time now in the last week or so.  abandoning vgchartz too? 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I can like MP, but I'm just so picky with it.

Doing the same thing over and over just isn't fun. Unlocks and xp only feel like manipulation tools to make me forget each match is just the same.

So for me personally I prefer tons of maps, game modes, etc. over having unlockables designed to trick you into playing. Haven't played evolve so I don't know how it is.

Local mp is just great though.

7H3

A good co-op is also great

Legend

Good review imo

TLDW: absolutely loves the game at times, especially when playing with friends, but that's not enough to make up for all its other flaws.

7H3

28 minutes... friggen youtubers... keep it short and sweet... 10 minutes is pushing it for a yt vid imo

Legend

28 minutes... friggen youtubers... keep it short and sweet... 10 minutes is pushing it for a yt vid imo

Not for angry Legend. Most reviews of his are 30 min+

kitler53

for all but the most interesting topics ever i skip anything over 2 minutes.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

7H3

for all but the most interesting topics ever i skip anything over 2 minutes.

Same here. Sometimes over 5 minutes for funny compilation videos. I'll also watch event status videos that tend to be long

Ludicrous Speed

I watched like 7 minutes of the AJ review earlier, he seemed to cover pretty much every most common complaint with the game in that time. I cannot imagine what he covers for the last 20 minutes. His videos would be way better imho if they were a lot shorter. I don't have a problem with any of his complaints, though I do disagree with many of them.

1. Lack of content. If you aren't engrossed in the gameplay, sure. I love the game. I don't care if there are "only" 3 hunters per class. They are all extremely unique. You can take support like Hank and Cabot, they play dramatically different, yet still fall into that support umbrella. Same with medics like Caira and Laz. Both medics, but extremely different in style that require completely opposite strategies. Little wrinkles like this add to the depth of the game which imho can easily replace more content. Take CoD for example. A common complaint with a game like this or Titanfall is "not enough guns". Well personally I will take a small amount of greatly balanced, effective to use weaponry over CoD's gargantuan arsenal of crud.

2. Day one DLC. It's skins. It's cosmetic. I think the prices are a joke, and the skins themselves are pointless because NOBODY CAN REALLY SEE THEM, but it's not something worth making a big deal about imho, especially since they are making all maps and future modes free. I think the sheer amount of it is more jarring than the fact that it exists.

3. Running Simulator. This is probably my biggest issue with what I watched of his review. I normally hate when someone reads/watches a review and just says "that reviewer just sucks at/doesn't understand the game!!". It's a weak cop out to what might be viable criticism. That said.. AJ sucks at Evolve. In what I watched of his gameplay his team was constantly accumulating strikes, and most of all, if you have to run around as much as he complains about, you're playing the game wrong. One of the best parts of being the monster is when hunters split up and cut you off. Virtually no one just follows the trapper around playing follow the leader.

4. Game is less good with randoms. This I can completely agree with. When you're playing a game like this with randoms, one bad teammate can mean you have 0 chance. Especially when they pick a vital role like medic or support. But then again, every single competitive team based online game in the history of ever is like this.

5. Progression. I guess I slightly agree with this, some of the 3 star challenges require serious grinding.

Game is still incredible. Can't wait for Behemoth.

Dr. Pezus

I watched like 7 minutes of the AJ review earlier, he seemed to cover pretty much every most common complaint with the game in that time. I cannot imagine what he covers for the last 20 minutes. His videos would be way better imho if they were a lot shorter. I don't have a problem with any of his complaints, though I do disagree with many of them.

1. Lack of content. If you aren't engrossed in the gameplay, sure. I love the game. I don't care if there are "only" 3 hunters per class. They are all extremely unique. You can take support like Hank and Cabot, they play dramatically different, yet still fall into that support umbrella. Same with medics like Caira and Laz. Both medics, but extremely different in style that require completely opposite strategies. Little wrinkles like this add to the depth of the game which imho can easily replace more content. Take CoD for example. A common complaint with a game like this or Titanfall is "not enough guns". Well personally I will take a small amount of greatly balanced, effective to use weaponry over CoD's gargantuan arsenal of crud.

2. Day one DLC. It's skins. It's cosmetic. I think the prices are a joke, and the skins themselves are pointless because NOBODY CAN REALLY SEE THEM, but it's not something worth making a big deal about imho, especially since they are making all maps and future modes free. I think the sheer amount of it is more jarring than the fact that it exists.

3. Running Simulator. This is probably my biggest issue with what I watched of his review. I normally hate when someone reads/watches a review and just says "that reviewer just sucks at/doesn't understand the game!!". It's a weak cop out to what might be viable criticism. That said.. AJ sucks at Evolve. In what I watched of his gameplay his team was constantly accumulating strikes, and most of all, if you have to run around as much as he complains about, you're playing the game wrong. One of the best parts of being the monster is when hunters split up and cut you off. Virtually no one just follows the trapper around playing follow the leader.

4. Game is less good with randoms. This I can completely agree with. When you're playing a game like this with randoms, one bad teammate can mean you have 0 chance. Especially when they pick a vital role like medic or support. But then again, every single competitive team based online game in the history of ever is like this.

5. Progression. I guess I slightly agree with this, some of the 3 star challenges require serious grinding.

Game is still incredible. Can't wait for Behemoth.
How is it compared to TF?

Max King of the Wild

How is it compared to TF?
well if tf is GotG then this must just be GotY

Go Up