Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

dang. Does this give us a number of PS5 console sales recently? Because its been killing it in Europe this quarter

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

Is this in usa for March?

kitler53

woah.  > 620k in march with no particular big title launching.   wow.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

https://twitter.com/Welfare_JBP/status/1648707568674406403?cxt=HHwWhoCwlY2zseEtAAAA

They should fire Spencer. Their strategy isn't working, and Spencer just doesn't know how to manage and build a proper first party publishing unit. I dont know how the CEO of Microsoft look at this and be ok, and somehow trust this guy with roughly 100~ billion worth of studio acquisitions

kitler53

I've said it before, Spencer is pretty terrible at everything except Twitter.  he was a part of the leadership with don and the best you can say about him is he has made any massive mistakes. 

Xbox has literal 100s of billions invested in Xbox.  they should be the undisputed market leader with that kind of weight and the fact they are not shows how hard they are failing. 

all they need is 1 thing,.. manage to make good 1st party games.  they need to hire someone that can do that and that's all they need to be able to do. 

the-pi-guy

But they haven't spent most of that money.

They're also working on being less about Xbox and more about being a platform.

kitler53

But they haven't spent most of that money.

They're also working on being less about Xbox and more about being a platform.
how's that working out for them?  as bad as Xbox is doing Xbox is still bigger than their "platform". 

the-pi-guy

how's that working out for them?  as bad as Xbox is doing Xbox is still bigger than their "platform".
I mean Xbox + PC + Gamepass

Pretty sure they saw record revenue 2021.

Last year was garbage for sure.

Legend

https://twitter.com/Welfare_JBP/status/1648707568674406403?cxt=HHwWhoCwlY2zseEtAAAA

They should fire Spencer. Their strategy isn't working, and Spencer just doesn't know how to manage and build a proper first party publishing unit. I dont know how the CEO of Microsoft look at this and be ok, and somehow trust this guy with roughly 100~ billion worth of studio acquisitions
I wonder how much of that is the Gamepass effect?

At least on the indie side, game sales have plummeted because a large amount of xbox players are focused on gamepass titles instead.

I've said it before, Spencer is pretty terrible at everything except Twitter.  he was a part of the leadership with don and the best you can say about him is he has made any massive mistakes.

Xbox has literal 100s of billions invested in Xbox.  they should be the undisputed market leader with that kind of weight and the fact they are not shows how hard they are failing.

all they need is 1 thing,.. manage to make good 1st party games.  they need to hire someone that can do that and that's all they need to be able to do.
He's been in charge of 1st party games for 15 years. He might be worth his weight in gold since fans kept believing in him year after year.

I think 2023 and 2024 could be great for them but I worry about games fully developed post acquisition.

Dr. Pezus

Wow I thought it was far behind

Horizon

Playstation beasting in the US,UK and Europe for the past 3 months

Legend

the-pi-guy

Jun 12, 2023, 01:41 AM Last Edit: Jun 12, 2023, 01:47 AM by the-pi-guy

Skyrim has sold 60 million

13:20

Go Up