Sony Xperia C3 (Selfie phone)

Started by 7H3, Jul 11, 2014, 04:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2460700,00.asp

If you're a fan of holding your phone at your face and snapping pictures, then Sony is ready to tap into your love of the almighty "selfie." And if you could care less about that concept, or that word, then Sony has a swing-and-a-miss on its hands as far as the marketing for its new Xperia C3 smartphone goes.
Sony launched the Xperia C3 this week in Taiwan, dubbing it "the ultimate new smartphone for selfies and social sharing."
"The rise of selfies shows no signs of abating - its usage has increased by 17,000 percent since 2012 with the word officially being added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2013," he continued. "We're excited to offer Sony's first 'PROselfie Smartphone' and play a part in this global phenomenon."
As for its non-selfie specs, the Xperia C3 is powered by a 1.2-GHz, quad-core Snapdragon processor (a Qualcomm Adreno 305 chip handles the graphics). The 5.5-inch IPS display runs at a resolution of 1,280 by 720 pixels, and the phone comes in at 6.1 by 3 by 0.2 inches and 150 grams.
The Xperia C3 runs with a single gigabyte of memory, 8GB of internal flash memory, and supports a microSD card of up to 32GB in size. The phone also comes with a 2500 mAh battery, which should deliver a (Sony-promised) 24 hours of talk time, 1,071 hours of standby time, or 10 continuous hours of video playback.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BananaKing

this might be a thing. HTC One M8 has a stronger secondary Camera (also 5MP) than its main one (4MP) for selfies. its smart to make this a mid-range phone too to bring down the price. as people who are mostly interested in selfies (teenage girls and boys) arent really all that tech savy and care. i just hope this doesnt become a common thing with high end phones, though i doubt it will.

Sony are really killing it with smartphones. 

Dr. Pezus

Wondering why this didn't happen sooner. Phones always have poorly executed front-facing cameras hmm..

Also, can somebody teach the website some grammar? " And if you could care less about that concept, or that word". If I care at all, I could care less...

7H3

Wondering why this didn't happen sooner. Phones always have poorly executed front-facing cameras hmm..

Also, can somebody teach the website some grammar? " And if you could care less about that concept, or that word". If I care at all, I could care less...

I'm not seeing the grammatical error in that sentence

Xevross

Its grammatically incorrect to start a sentence with and.

7H3

Its grammatically incorrect to start a sentence with and.

And I knew that :P It's also bad grammar to end a sentence with a preposition, but I see many articles do it...

Xevross

Yep, articles don't follow grammar rules so what's the point correcting them?

Dr. Pezus

I'm not seeing the grammatical error in that sentence

"If you could care less" is probably one of the most common errors I've seen in English when meaning to write "If you could NOT care less".

Xevross

"If you could care less" is probably one of the most common errors I've seen in English when meaning to write "If you could NOT care less".

That's not a grammatical error, its just an error ;)

Dr. Pezus

That's not a grammatical error, its just an error ;)

Hmm that's debatable. I guess you could call it a logical error. It doesn't even make sense

the-pi-guy

I hate that phrase. 

7H3

I could care less, but then I wouldn't have bothered posting

7H3

If you could not care less then you most likely don't take selfies in the first place. Therefore the phone would be of absolutely no interest to you.
However, if you could care less then you do take selfies, but not care enough to buy a phone specifically for that purpose.
The latter scenario was the point the author was making in his statement. Logic was used properly in that case.

the-pi-guy

If you could care less. 
If you could take away from how much you care means that you care. 

The author basically says that if you care, then it won't be for you. 
It's not the author's fault, I hate the phrase because people mix it up.

If you could eat an apple, implies you have an apple to eat. 

Xevross

I used to dislike that phrase. After this thread, I hate it.