Started by Raven, May 22, 2014, 01:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

May 22, 2014, 01:52 AM Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:35 AM by Raven

Release Date: Fall 2015

Platforms: Xbox One

Developer: 343 Industries

Publisher: Microsoft

This is a community thread to discuss all things Halo 5: Guardians. Please try to stay on topic. Information about the game will be added to the OP as it becomes available. News, interviews, screenshots, and videos are all welcome!

7H3

are those 2 different master chiefs? I know absolutely nothing about the halo universe (story)
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

are those 2 different master chiefs? I know absolutely nothing about the halo universe (story)

No one is sure right now what the other Spartan-looking character is but that is almost certainly Master Chief on the bottom. Some speculation is that either it's his new rival, a major character, or his new armor he gets at some point in the game.

7H3

ty! From the look of the image I'd say the top guy is the main char that you play as... I mean usually that's the case with those types of images... but perhaps you are right and it is new armor

Legend

7H3

I'm hyped!

That's crazy to me... I dunno I really like zombie games though so If I just saw a zombie image and a game name I'd get hyped... but so far I don't see anything to really get hyped about other than new iteration, which to me doesn't warrant hype. Though if the pic of MC was zombified then I'd probably be extremely hyped and go buy an xbox one immediately

Legend

That's crazy to me... I dunno I really like zombie games though so If I just saw a zombie image and a game name I'd get hyped... but so far I don't see anything to really get hyped about other than new iteration, which to me doesn't warrant hype. Though if the pic of MC was zombified then I'd probably be extremely hyped and go buy an xbox one immediately

Halo 2 and 3 are some of my favorite games of all time. Halo 4 was a let down, but the poor Xbox One sales and Halo 5's apparent delay point to a game catered to the core, at least in my opinion. I very much doubt they'll try and chase the COD crowd with this one.

Raven

Halo 2 and 3 are some of my favorite games of all time. Halo 4 was a let down, but the poor Xbox One sales and Halo 5's apparent delay point to a game catered to the core, at least in my opinion. I very much doubt they'll try and chase the COD crowd with this one.

Especially not with rumors of the single player being open-world.

Legend

Especially not with rumors of the single player being open-world.

Yeah I remember that rumor. Felt really fake at the time. You got a link?

Raven

Yeah I remember that rumor. Felt really fake at the time. You got a link?

www.google.com

Legend

www.google.com

Must have updated the site.

I'm not seeing any halo news.

Raven

Must have updated the site.

I'm not seeing any halo news.

lulz

7H3

open world halo would be cool, but Halo never felt like a game that was "on rails" as it seemed like there were plenty of routes to take and not a fully closed circuit map. I dunno if open world would be better or worse for the game.