PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

One of the things to remember about Deviation is they are based in LA which is really expensive. If you're going to have a studio their you must really deliver. ND,Insomniac and Santa Monica are worth paying the expenses because they deliver. The likes of Haven, Firewalk,Firesprite etc are all based in much cheaper regions so the cost of running them is much cheaper.
The higher salaries help attract higher talent though. Its a trade off when building a business.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

must be that ABK is going through afterall then.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

must be that ABK is going through afterall then.  
Either way they need to invest more. Let me make some wild predictions. Imma make a thread

Legend

We're kinda dooming after the playstation showcase, but Sony has ~10 "known" games to launch in the next few years. Some of them have to be coming this year and in 2024, otherwise the end of the gen will be super packed.

Wild guesses:

2023 - Spiderman 2, Death Stranding 2
2024 - Bend Game, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Bluepoint, Astro sequel
2025 - Naughty Dog game, Barlog SSM game, Housemarque
2026 - Horizon 3, Wolverine

Horizon

We're kinda dooming after the playstation showcase, but Sony has ~10 "known" games to launch in the next few years. Some of them have to be coming this year and in 2024, otherwise the end of the gen will be super packed.

Wild guesses:

2023 - Spiderman 2, Death Stranding 2
2024 - Bend Game, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Bluepoint, Astro sequel
2025 - Naughty Dog game, Barlog SSM game, Housemarque
2026 - Horizon 3, Wolverine

2023 - Spider-man 2,Helldivers 2
2024 - Death Stranding 2, Concord, Asobi game, TLOU Factions,
2025 - Ghost of Tsushima 2,Fairgame$,Twisted Metal,Wolverine, Horizon online
2026 - SSM game, Bend game, Bluepoint, London studio, Media Molecule
2027- Horizon 3, Housemarque,Firesprite game,GT8
2028- ND game,Spider-man 3

When you look at it like that they have a ton announce and I am forgetting xdev but clearly might want to hold some of these back to closer to release

kitler53

May 26, 2023, 12:40 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 12:43 PM by kitler53
I kind of hate the wild speculation lists but if you are going to do that at least get 2023 right:
- forspoken
- spiderman 2
- FFXVI
- stellar blade
- hell divers 2
- horizon CotM
- horizon burning shores

..excluding all those indies like techia.
.. excluding all those non-1st party defacto VR exclusives.

nnodley

2023 - Spider-man 2,Helldivers 2
2024 - Death Stranding 2, Concord, Asobi game, TLOU Factions,
2025 - Ghost of Tsushima 2,Fairgame$,Twisted Metal,Wolverine, Horizon online
2026 - SSM game, Bend game, Bluepoint, London studio, Media Molecule
2027- Horizon 3, Housemarque,Firesprite game,GT8
2028- ND game,Spider-man 3

When you look at it like that they have a ton announce and I am forgetting xdev but clearly might want to hold some of these back to closer to release
i think i agree with this list the most.  But i sure hope we don't have to wait till 2028 to get another true single player ND game. I'd be disppointed as fudge

but with ND's output lately it is possible

BananaKing

i think i agree with this list the most.  But i sure hope we don't have to wait till 2028 to get another true single player ND game. I'd be disppointed as fudge

but with ND's output lately it is possible
Naaa I think the next ND single player game is 2024 or 2025

Its one of their biggest money makes they wouldn't delay it that much for the sake of remasters and such.

kitler53

Naaa I think the next ND single player game is 2024 or 2025

Its one of their biggest money makes they wouldn't delay it that much for the sake of remasters and such.
lololololololololol

the-pi-guy

A guess at a roadmap:

San Diego - MLB The Show 23 (2023)
Insomniac - Spider-Man 2 (2023)
SIE published - Firewall Ultra (2023)
Naughty Dog - The Last of Us Online (2023+)
SIE published - Stellar Blade (2023+) Not sure what is going on here.
SIE published - Convallaria (2023+) Not sure what is going on here.

San Diego - MLB The Show 24 (2024)
SIE published - Rise of the Ronin (2024)
Firewalk Studios - Concord (2024)
Bluepoint - TBA (2024+)
Firesprite - Narrative Adventure (2024+)
Firesprite - Multiplayer Action (2024+)
Guerilla - Horizon Online (2024+)
Insomniac - Wolverine (2024+)
Sucker Punch - Ghost of Tsushima II (2024+)
SIE published - Death Stranding 2 (2024+)
Team Asobi - Astrobot (2024+)

San Diego - MLB The Show 25 (2025)
Haven - Fairgame$ (2025)
Housemarque - TBA (2025+)
Bend Studio - TBA (2025+)
Insomniac - Multiplayer (2025+)
London Studio - Online Game (2025+)
Naughty Dog - single player TBA (2025+)
Santa Monica Studio - TBA (2025+)
Media Molecule - TBA (2025+)

Guerrilla Games - Horizon 3 (2027)

SIE published - KOTOR (2026+) Probably never releasing...
Made some changes.

These are all optimistic. Most of them will probably be later.

BananaKing

lololololololololol
Tlou 2 was 2020 right? So you think they have been doing nothing for 4 years? No doubt they have their next game in production by now.

kitler53

Tlou 2 was 2020 right? So you think they have been doing nothing for 4 years? No doubt they have their next game in production by now.
they didn't even announce TLoU mp at this year's showcase.   at this point i expect ND to never release another title again because by the time their game is ready doors will have been reinvented and ND needs to restart development to account for the new door physics.

the-pi-guy

Will Sony have another showcase this year?

They still have their new PS5 model to announce, and there were some titles that are supposed to be pretty close to coming out that were absent from this showcase. Like Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin (which is likely early 2024). Other things like Factions/TLOU Online. I have a hard time believing that Horizon Remaster would be so far off.

They'll certainly have a State of Play though. Maybe those things will show up at one?

Legend

Will Sony have another showcase this year?

They still have their new PS5 model to announce, and there were some titles that are supposed to be pretty close to coming out that were absent from this showcase. Like Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin (which is likely early 2024). Other things like Factions/TLOU Online. I have a hard time believing that Horizon Remaster would be so far off.

They'll certainly have a State of Play though. Maybe those things will show up at one?
Is the new PS5 model that likely to be real? If it's just a slim model not a pro model they could announce it whenever.

But I do agree that they had a lot of absent content. Maybe it'll just randomly show up in other shows.

Go Up