PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Is the new PS5 model that likely to be real? If it's just a slim model not a pro model they could announce it whenever.

But I do agree that they had a lot of absent content. Maybe it'll just randomly show up in other shows.
I think so. Considering the source is like 7 out of 9 for Sony hardware (they leaked the monitors, the handheld and the earphones like months ago), and other two are the PS5 Pro and PS5 Slim.  

The latter is certainly possible as well.

Like Death Stranding 2 will probably be at SGF, and TLOU online might be at Outbreak day.

kitler53

Will Sony have another showcase this year?

They still have their new PS5 model to announce, and there were some titles that are supposed to be pretty close to coming out that were absent from this showcase. Like Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin (which is likely early 2024). Other things like Factions/TLOU Online. I have a hard time believing that Horizon Remaster would be so far off.

They'll certainly have a State of Play though. Maybe those things will show up at one?
no.  just no Pi.  don't do this to yourself.

the ps5 pro is rumored to be 2024 and you don't announce new hardware until you are less than 1 month from release.  stellar blade will get a state of play but all in all this game doesn't look like it will do fantastic.   hell divers 2 and spiderman 2 will get most of the attention with their own state of plays too.   likely  there are more indies to talk about too.   

if TLoU mp wasn't at this show it probably isn't launching in 2023.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

no.  just no Pi.  don't do this to yourself.

the ps5 pro is rumored to be 2024 and you don't announce new hardware until you are less than 1 month from release.  stellar blade will get a state of play but all in all this game doesn't look like it will do fantastic.   hell divers 2 and spiderman 2 will get most of the attention with their own state of plays too.   likely  there are more indies to talk about too.  

if TLoU mp wasn't at this show it probably isn't launching in 2023.
Not the pro, the PS5 slim thing that is supposed to be later this year.

kitler53

Not the pro, the PS5 slim thing that is supposed to be later this year.
i've seen nothing to suggest this is a thing that an end user actually needs to be aware of.   people of this weird conclusion that they are going to plug an external drive into their ps5 DE.  everything i've seen is this is an internal revision to bring down production costs but end users will be none the wiser.

it's a bit like projectQ.   i've seen soo many outlets report this as "sony's new mobile console" when what it really is is a remote play peripheral for ps5.   

the-pi-guy

I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just asking would it make sense?  

kitler53

I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just asking would it make sense? 
i mean, i could be wrong but i really, really don't expect to see sony try and sell an external disc drive direct to consumers.   they will just continue to sell a DE version and a disc version of ps5.  From the outside it will look the same as ever and only fanatics like us will know that disc drive is "external" to a DE version.   But sony benefits by making only 1 version of the ps5 with an optional disc driven due to more stream lined manufacturing and as an added benefit they can more easily redistribute which models they sell to customers based on demand for each model.

the-pi-guy

This feels like a delay....  

kitler53

the-pi-guy

May 26, 2023, 07:15 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:21 PM by the-pi-guy

Sony has invested heavily in "games as a service," or video games designed to be monetized beyond their initial sales through ongoing purchases. As part of that push it asked another of its video-game studios, Seattle-based Bungie, to evaluate the games across its portfolio. Bungie raised questions about the The Last of Us multiplayer project's ability to keep players engaged for a long period of time, which led to the reassessment.

Single and multiplayer games generally require different skillsets to develop. Although Naughty Dog has found some success with multiplayer modes in some of its titles, the company is primarily known for developing single-player hits. Still, fans were excited for the project and raised questions after it was not present at a PlayStation video game showcase this week.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Fudge.

No ND game anytime soon.

the-pi-guy

Would be quite something if the whole live service push basically didn't go anywhere...

kitler53

oh man, imagine the project just get's canceled and ND just wasted years of development.  

is it too early to post another "i told you so gif"?   this one wouldn't be directed at you guys but rather at sony itself.  i've said many times i'm worried about sony's push here because for every one that explodes in popularity at least a dozen are DOA.   

Legend

Would be quite something if the whole live service push basically didn't go anywhere...
I bet that happens.

They need to take risks but they're moving too fast to learn from mistakes.

kitler53

on the good news front,.. the people being pulled off the mp project are probably being moved to the single player project.  xD

Go Up