Beat Saber
Marathon
Destiny 2
Concord
GT Movie trailer
Spider-Man 2

Altogether 33 games.
and still a disappointung show.  

fairgame and concord shouldn't have been announced if they had nothing to show. 

a movie trailer shouldn't have been there. 

I'd rather have had 5 state of plays that included actual discussion on the games then this 1 showcase that was just a series of heavily cut trailers. 

I really kind of hate this no talking trailer format. yes some of the talking of old was too long and irrelevant but what's the point of a showcase with no actual "show". 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

May 24, 2023, 09:41 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 09:44 PM by Dr. Pezus
just caught up on it.  Yeah that was pretty disappointing.  Like holy shame.

But i'm super stoked for alan wake 2, AC: Mirage, and Spiderman 2
Yeah and mgs3. Just an underwhelming show with some probably very good games. Like it was a bit rushed

We're all forgetting dragons dogma 2 though. Looks hot. A lot of similar souls/mh games still in this show

the-pi-guy

Honestly I thought that was disappointing.

A huge number of games, and good variety though. Around 70 minutes, 33 games.  And Spiderman got like a whopping 11 or 12 minutes of it.

So many of the games are just known quantities like Street Fighter 6, and Final Fantasy XVI.

Some of the first party stuff might be amazing, but the showings were very bad. We got like 50 seconds of teaser for Concord and like a 2 minute trailer for Fairgame$. Concord is supposed to be coming next year, why are we getting some 50 second trailer that shows us nothing other than it's some kind of sci-fi game?

I honestly think they should have cut some games and just called it a State of Play frankly...

Baffled that we waited two years for this.

Nothing from the "old guard" of Sony studios. Just the haven one that looks bad, marathon which could be cool but had a bad trailer, a nothing burger trailer for a space game, and spiderman 2 gameplay
Honestly I thought it looked fine...

But it still had a bad showing.

kitler53

the lack of TLoU mp is baffling to me.  like,.. is it a 2025 game or something?!?!

SWORDF1SH

The fact that Sony are showing games that are far off has me worried for the other games their studios are working on.

the-pi-guy

SWORDF1SH

It's funny but we need gaming to step away from feeding the fanboys.

the-pi-guy

???

the-pi-guy

The Metal Gear Solid remasters are all bundled in as "Volume 1".

MGS 4 seems likely

Legend

Is it me or are a lot of games copying the souls games heh
Yeah but that started happening like 5 years ago lol.

The fact that Sony are showing games that are far off has me worried for the other games their studios are working on.
Yeah it's concerning. I think covid did a lot more damage to release schedules than we hoped. The transition to PS5 should have been seamless and yet they're still struggling just like every generation.

the-pi-guy

What games are far off?

Legend

Helldivers 2, Synapse, MGS, and Alan Wake 2 all had ok/good trailers in my opinion. Won't play all of them but they had good showings. Talos 2 had a great trailer.

Everything else seemed either average or poor. I was supper hyped to see a new game from Bungie but that was not interesting.

the-pi-guy

What are people's thoughts on Project Q?

Looks much uglier than I expected...

kitler53

What are people's thoughts on Project Q?

Looks much uglier than I expected...

looks exactly like i imagined it.  it might not be "pretty" but it looks egonomic.  i have a steam deck and it's okay for a handheld but all in all it isn't a comfortable controller.  this looks exactly like they split a dualsense in half and put a screen in the middle.   ....and the dualsense is comforable.

beyond that,.. do we know a price?   without a price i have a hard time having any more of an opinion.   i wouldn't pay more than $100 for this.   ...but really i just wouldn't buy this.  i bought 2 ps4's with the second one being my wife's netflix machine.  we don't have that problem lots of people seem to have of not being able to get to the playstation because the family is watching TV.   even if they were watching tv it would be on my ps5 and thus i wouldn't be able to stream anyways.   

looks handy for a lot of people though.  no way this goes on to sell to 100% of the ps5 user base but i could see it reaching 10-20% maybe if priced at marginally above that of a regular ps5 controller.  

Go Up