Redfall launch trailer, reviews are here!

Started by Legend, Apr 28, 2023, 05:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I have a good feeling about this.
You're the only one that's even close!

SWORDF1SH

You're the only one that's even close!
A wild stab in the dark

kitler53

that was a good watch.   hilariously bad game it seems.  

"85" Xbox era probably....

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

that was a good watch.   hilariously bad game it seems.  

"85" Xbox era probably....
Both xbox era and dualshockers gave it 8.5 ???

BananaKing

Your hunch is correct as always

kitler53

oof.   i'm watching that kinda funny thing and spencer just said their committed to fixing redfall.   wrong decision.  kill it and move on is the right decision.

Legend

oof.   i'm watching that kinda funny thing and spencer just said their committed to fixing redfall.   wrong decision.  kill it and move on is the right decision.
He said short term fixes, so hopefully that's all it is.

kitler53

just finished the kinda funny thing.  probably not the right thread to comment but meh.

spencer is soo good at media.  it's really too bad he doesn't seem to be all that good at anything else.   he did look really stressed out though.   between ABK and redfall the guy must be having a hell of a time right now.

Legend

just finished the kinda funny thing.  probably not the right thread to comment but meh.

spencer is soo good at media.  it's really too bad he doesn't seem to be all that good at anything else.   he did look really stressed out though.   between ABK and redfall the guy must be having a hell of a time right now.
I don't know. The reaction I'm seeing online is pretty negative towards his comments about how Xbox can't compete with Sony or Nintendo by making good games. "I see a lot of pundits out there who kind of want to go back to the time where we all had cartridges and discs and every new generation was a clean slate. And you could switch the whole console share. That is just not the world that we are in today. There is no world where Starfield is an 11/10 and people start selling their PS5s. That's not going to happen."

kitler53

I don't know. The reaction I'm seeing online is pretty negative towards his comments about how Xbox can't compete with Sony or Nintendo by making good games. "I see a lot of pundits out there who kind of want to go back to the time where we all had cartridges and discs and every new generation was a clean slate. And you could switch the whole console share. That is just not the world that we are in today. There is no world where Starfield is an 11/10 and people start selling their PS5s. That's not going to happen."
yeah, i think that was a surprisingly "spot on" observation for a guy in his type of position.   

tbf - it's a big part of why i loathe MS's aquisition of publishers.   i find it offensive that he says he'll bring these games to "more gamers" when where i'm sitting i'm losing access to it.   the truth is i could still access them but i'd have to abandon my current platform and that's a really shaming thing to do when i have literally 1000 games in my current library.  i'm totally invested and multi-console ownership isn't exactly an answer either because it's not just about the console,...  you also have to pay for the subscriptions to get the full experience out of most games these days.

that bit about losing the most important generation is spot on too.  i've said it numerous times before,.. the ps4/xbox one generation was the must important one because that's when digital became entrenched.   i can (i.e. will/would) put up with quite a lot of BS from sony and still stick by them just because of how expensive it would be to abandon my library now.   

the-pi-guy

Yeah, and you might try to get me on positive, I'm not in positive mode this week so I'll apologize for staying in kind of cranky mode but in terms of Lessons Learned, and I'll even go back to the Redfall videos on IGN, of showing videos of the game running at 60 on PC, at the point knowing that the game was going to run 30 frames per second at launch on Console.
So you can try to take me to positive space I'm just not in that headspace right now.
Doesn't sound like Phil is doing good this week.

SWORDF1SH

Doesn't sound like Phil is doing good this week.
I wonder if he's had an ultimatum?

the-pi-guy

10 - 20 seconds to load a texture?

Something has to be going on there

Legend

Dude even you got it wrong.

Down to 59 on meta.

SWORDF1SH

Dude even you got it wrong.

Down to 59 on meta.
What ya talking about?